The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Nothing new here ...

STOVEBOLT FEVER

There is no cure!

Thanks to all of you, we have been virtual for over 25 years.

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
14 members (jorb, Jeler, dliptak, 3800GUY, 55_2nd_Series, 1 invisible), 108 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics117,742
Posts942,055
Members43,035
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
sound and vision
#215053 Mon Sep 04 2006 03:51 AM
D
dave b Offline OP
anyone out there attempt both the newport engineering electric wiper upgrade along with the custom autosound radio in a 55-59 chevy? i've made adjustments on the wiper bracket but the rear of the radio still hits the bracket making the radio not line up with the mount in the dash. thanx in advance. db

Re: sound and vision
#215054 Mon Sep 04 2006 04:40 AM
F
Extreme Gabster
I put a Newport wiper and modern radio [fergit the brand, but AM/FM/CD provision] in a buddys 56 panel a few weeks ago and it all fit ok ... I left off the brace they supply to hang the radio from the wiper support, thing don't weigh but a few ounces

Bill

Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Re: sound and vision
#215055 Tue Sep 05 2006 01:13 AM
L
Master Gabster
Did the same here. I am running the Newport and Custom Autosound combo. I don't have any fitment issues. Which radio are you using? I have the USA-04, which doesn't have the extra brace. The fit is a little tight, but doesn't cause any problem. The only problem I have is the wireing connector fits a little loose, and gets a bad connection when I fool aruond under the dash.

Bill Burmeister

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop