The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Nothing new here ...

STOVEBOLT FEVER

There is no cure!

Thanks to all of you, we have been virtual for over 25 years.

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
13 members (Jeff Rippin, 593ETow, carbking, Ecratrods, dougs, DES57), 93 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics117,745
Posts942,068
Members43,035
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
latest dumba** move
#170239 Sat Oct 23 2004 04:13 PM
D
dave b Offline OP
i thought i would finally put an end to my door rattle on the '57 and install new door latches; i should off left well e'nuff alone and not tried to tweak it one last time. so now not only does the door no longer rattle but no longer opens! both button and inside handle won't budge. entrance/exit through the passenger side is getting old quick. i've tried accessing in doors' guts through the panel but the bend in it allows no access to the screws with the door in the closed postion!?

Re: latest dumba** move
#170240 Sat Oct 23 2004 08:49 PM
M
With the door push button depressed, shove the door closed harder, it may unlatch.
The other thing is to have someone inside shoving, NOT kicking,while you are pulling outward (WATCHOUT the door does not open and hit you!! eek )

There is enough good in the worst of us and enough bad in the best of us that it does not behoove any of us to criticize the rest of us.
-
-
Be yourself. If you are ever lost, It will be much easier to find yourself if you know who you are!
#170241 Sat Oct 23 2004 08:51 PM
D
Shop Shark
I installed new latches on my 55,same thing as your 57.I am still tweeking mine to get the doors to close easy.Only thing I can think of trying on yours would be to try using a mallet on the outside push button,preferably a rubber mallet.

#170242 Sun Oct 24 2004 12:49 AM
K
Shop Shark
Can't offer any help . But I'm glad I'm not the only one who improves things to the point of disaster

#170243 Tue Oct 26 2004 01:42 AM
D
dave b Offline OP
thanx gang, i guess i'll give the two person method a shot first. funny how the mind works; after driving the '57 with the "passenger exit" and almost getting used to it, i found myself almost using that exit on other vehicles as well! db

#170244 Tue Oct 26 2004 05:50 AM
Shop Shark
eek
Eek - too much tweek!
The story of my life.
I'm constantly trying to make the 37 run, ride and be as quite as a 97!!
I end up in trouble 10 times out of 10!!

See Joe Fuchs' 1937 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton Pick Up on Facebook at The Top Of My Page. Go to: Joe Fuchs on Facebook

"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"

My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Operators are standing by to take your calls!

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop