The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Big Thanks!

Big THANKS to

MONGO
for hosting
the weekend event.

Read all about it.

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
4 members (bluedot38, E's51, Robby45, 1 invisible), 95 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics125,498
Posts1,013,368
Members45,248
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Grease gun
#159301 Mon Apr 09 2007 07:16 PM
D
dale937 Offline OP
Shop Shark
I just bought a Campbell Hausfeld Greasegun at Tractor Supply,it is the air operated one.Looked at Sears first,they had 2 different ones.One for $50. and one for $32.I havent had much luck with sears tools lately so I got the one at Tractor Supply.$29.and guaranteed for 1 yr.If it fails I just return it to the store.Antone else have one of these?

Re: Grease gun
#159302 Mon Apr 09 2007 10:02 PM
S
'Bolter
When using the air grease gun you can't rush it, you have to let the pistone to return before you push the trigger again. I always use a leather glove on the hand that is on the end of the hose, had a friend have one explode in his hand and filled his hand with grease. He almost lost his hand from infection, he recovered bur his hand is a ugly mess. They can put out upwards of 10,000 psi depending on the air pressure going to it.

You Learn more Listening than Talking
#159303 Tue Apr 10 2007 03:41 PM
S
Shop Shark
yes be careful with any HIGH PRESURE GREASE OR FLUID.....back in 85 i was crew chief in the Air Force .saw a young gent of maybe 18 ...stick his hand in the wheel well of an F-15 cause tehre was fluid runnin all over teh ground to stick his hand into 3,000 psi of Hyd fluid sprayin from a pin hole leak ...it filled his hand an lower arm in a split second , thank god our Senior Master SGT. was an ol timer from the Vietnam days , grabed the young fella an took sfety wire too his upper arm for a tourniquite , well nedless to say we found out later the young fella lost that arm from infection an just plain damage , from the reprt the fluid hit bone an ran up the arm ...wasnt a pleasant site to witness ...JUST BE CAREFUL !

1952 Chevy Shortbed

Photos in Photobucket

If It Aint Broke Fix It Till It Is!
#159304 Wed Apr 11 2007 08:31 PM
D
dale937 Offline OP
Shop Shark
The reason I bought this gun was because of my mower deck.It has 3 blades with bearings,that take forever to fill up with grease.I usually just pump the grease in til I get really tired of pumping the old grease gun.I am thinking the air operated one will make this job a lot easier.

Moderated by  48bigtrucks, MNSmith 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop