I have finished cleaning the caked on grease & dirt that was on the steering mechanism at the bottom of the column. I have mounted the column with the 4 bolts, lock washers, and nuts. I need to attach the column to the bottom of the driver's dash & also at the firewall using a flange made of metal/rubber.
I'll clean up the separate pole that travels next to the volume that works the drift mechanism.
I have removed caked on grease, dirt, and rust from the 3 on the tree gearing mechanism that mounts on the steering column. I cleaned it using spray degreaser, brake cleaner, and a small bronze brush. Plenty of rags and yeah, elbow grease.
There is a small rubber grommet that I may source a replacement cause it does look kinda worn.
I made a tool storage cover from a sheet of 1/2 inch thick OSB & 1/2 by 1/2 inch wood stock. The compartment is under the driver's seat and had no cover. It had remnants of some old emergency flares in there when I got the Carryall
I painted the cover using some olive tinted, outside, water-based enamel from Home Depot's bargain shelf ($2 for the quart).
I retrieved the upper part of the 3 on the tree & clutch & brake pedals from my parts stash that I have in my unfinished basement.
Next up cleaning, removing rust, and making those items look presentable.
I put the clutch & brake pedals in a gallon of vinegar to assist in removing rust.
I placed the hood outside on Styrofoam blocks, leaning up against a huge trash can.. I used some fine grit sandpaper to make it more smooth and then used an electric leaf blower to remove what I had sanded off the hood.
The temperature outside was above 60 degrees with humidity between 37% but not above 70%. The wind was only 5mph coming out of the north. So, all was perfect so I shot the hood with another coat of windsor blue acrylic enamel containing some hardener & reducer.
I started cleaning up the metal pieces of the front motor mount.