The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
2023 ... plans, plans, plans

Holidays are over

Hunkering down for winter ... how about your truck?
Winter storage.

Doing some truck maintenance?
The Shops Area may be useful.

Eager to plans some trips?
See what's shaking near you in The Side Lot.

How about your computer?
Plenty of help in the IT Shortbus.

Be of good cheer!
The days are getting longer.
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
2023 Old Truck Calendars
First one
Nothing like old trucks working

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
11 members (IdahoNative, Hanks custodian, glennj3, JamesPrice, bigmikes50chevy, 1 invisible), 159 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,267
Posts1,053,228
Members46,580
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1472283 Mon Oct 24 2022 01:47 PM
D
'Bolter
A scene for a new movie is being filmed in front of my house tomorrow. They are out there setting up today. Starting about 2-3 house to the right of mine and extending to about 2-3 house to the left of mine they are setting up a track in the street. The track will be used to run a car along that ends in a car crash at the end of the track 2 doors down. The movie is set in the 60s. When they started walking the neighborhood informing everyone what was going on I asked if they needed any period correct vehicle. They said yes. I was able to round up 5 of my car buddies and my truck and their cars/trucks will be parked on the street as background. 1963 Ford PU, 1966 Mustang, 1969 Mustang convertible, 1959 Willys Jeep, my 54 Stovebolt and if any of you remember the controversial former owner of the Cincinnati Reds, Marge Schott, her 1966 Corvette (a friend owns it). This has some big name performers. The headliner is Tom Hardy. I didn't know who he was until I looked up some of his movies. He has been in a lot of big name movies in recent years. This movie is about a motorcycle club that evolves into a motorcycle gang. It will be fun to see our cars in a movie scene and the one day vehicle rental fee isn't bad either.

The Bikeriders [imdb.com]

Last edited by dgrinnan; Mon Oct 24 2022 01:52 PM.

Dave from Northern Kentucky
My 54 3100
dgrinnan #1472286 Mon Oct 24 2022 02:07 PM
'Bolter
Maybe I'm not looking in the right place on imdb, but I was hoping for a bit of a preview of the movie.

Help?

BTW ... that's very cool!

Peggy M
Bird's eye view is a bit different than the worm's ~~ and it ISN'T about food. wink
dgrinnan #1472312 Mon Oct 24 2022 04:47 PM
D
'Bolter
They just started filming this past week. They probably don't have anything to show yet. Here is a video one of the locals made of a scene they were shooting last week. The theater is now a micro brewery but still has the old movie marque. As I mentioned in the original post it is set in the 60's You can see Easy Rider is listed on the marque as the current movie showing. I hope to get some video of the car crash scene tomorrow.
Video clip on Facebook [facebook.com]

Last edited by dgrinnan; Mon Oct 24 2022 04:51 PM.

My 54 3100
dgrinnan #1472319 Mon Oct 24 2022 05:39 PM
G
Gearhead, Moderator for The Swap Meet and Co-Moderator of General Truck Talk
dgrinnan,

That link to video on Facebook says not active anymore. Maybe you get a chance to get something while you all are participating???

Dan

1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 (My Grandpa's hunting truck)
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod)
2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998)
Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)

Finely time to get to work on my Grandpa's (now mine) truck!
dgrinnan #1472327 Mon Oct 24 2022 05:51 PM
D
'Bolter
This could be posted in a private group. Let me see if I can get a copy that is accessible.

My 54 3100
dgrinnan #1472411 Tue Oct 25 2022 11:39 AM
F
'Bolter
What fun.

1966 C-10 Step Side. 283, 4spd, 3.73 gear. 60K miles prior to restoration. 507 Paint Code. Currently in 10,000 pieces.
Transmission is done! Rear Suspension is done! Wheels are done! Bed bodywork is done! Soon to order a 383 crate.

dgrinnan #1472429 Tue Oct 25 2022 02:24 PM
C
'Bolter
Cars in movies has been discussed several times with most agreeing if an active part it is a PITA. What everyone does agree on is the food catering service for movie making is superb.

Evan
coilover #1472518 Wed Oct 26 2022 12:28 AM
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Originally Posted by coilover
Cars in movies has been discussed several times with most agreeing if an active part it is a PITA. What everyone does agree on is the food catering service for movie making is superb.

Spot on, Evan. It was fun the first couple of times ... The first one we did was for a big budget Clint Eastwood Movie ("Flags of Our Fathers") Every cool thing we'd ever heard about being in the movies ... The last one we did was for Discovery ID and the "Food Catering" consisted of one of the producers running out to get a few Poppa John's pizzas which we all crowded around a picnic table to eat -- talent, crew and strap hangars... That was the one where TrknGMC's dad and I were cast as detectives on a stakeout (no dialogue, just a quick shot. No extra pay ...) Movie Catering -- outstanding. TV catering ... um ... yeah.

The thrill is gone...

John

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers

'49 Chevrolet 3804
'73 IH 1310 Dump
'14 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)

dgrinnan #1472556 Wed Oct 26 2022 11:49 AM
D
'Bolter
I had posted this in the photo gallery with my truck. The ad agency for GM had contacted me about using my truck in the commercial. I asked for 12k and they agreed and also said that they would pay to have the truck transported to LA and back to FL. I had to have the windows black tinted and was told that I could not drive the truck in the commercial but could ride along. When I asked where my truck was going to be stored once it got transported to LA, things got vague. Since I didn’t like the answers that they were giving me, I declined to do it.

Howard Kieth , who has a 1936 GMC the same color as my truck, was contacted and he let them use his truck.

I later talked to a TV commercial director at a car show some time later and he told me that most of the ad agencies do not take care of the vehicles they use and would rather pay damages on the backside rather than take precautions to protect the vehicle in the first place.

Last edited by dunfire; Wed Oct 26 2022 11:50 AM.
dgrinnan #1472572 Wed Oct 26 2022 01:31 PM
D
'Bolter
The filming completed yesterday. A couple things. The filming was in front of my house so no craft services. I never even thought about it. I might have been able to sneak lunch if I had. They did not seem to have any concern about protecting my truck. they did not damage anything but I frequently saw crew members sitting on the bumper, leaning on the bed and using the bed as a dumpster for their empty water and soda bottles and snack wrappers. they did clean it out, kind of, at the end of the day. I still had to grab a couple empty water bottles. They stage my truck front and center for the crash. No doubt it is destined for Hollywood fame. The 5 friends and their cars I was able to get in the movie are happy with their one day paycheck. In the second image you can see a blue car backing out of a driveway behind my truck. A motorcycle will rear end the car and the rider flies onto the trunk and through the back window. Just a bit of trivia. The silver 1966 Corvette in the background was originally owned by the controversial owner of the Cincinnati Reds. Marge Schott.

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/FzA21vhuyB4nqipWA[/img]

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/A1CKBZJH2NGKt4xa9[/img]

Last edited by dgrinnan; Wed Oct 26 2022 01:31 PM.

My 54 3100
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop