The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
2023 ... plans, plans, plans

Holidays are over

Hunkering down for winter ... how about your truck?
Winter storage.

Doing some truck maintenance?
The Shops Area may be useful.

Eager to plans some trips?
See what's shaking near you in The Side Lot.

How about your computer?
Plenty of help in the IT Shortbus.

Be of good cheer!
The days are getting longer.
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
2023 Old Truck Calendars
First one
Nothing like old trucks working

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (IdahoNative, MNSmith, Hanks custodian, Otto Skorzeny, Chevrolet Canada, 2 invisible), 184 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,267
Posts1,053,228
Members46,580
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
TUTS 59 #1471249 Sun Oct 16 2022 01:05 AM
B
'Bolter
BC Bolters wishing Alvin a speedy recovery !

1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery [stovebolt.com]
TUTS 59 #1471259 Sun Oct 16 2022 04:11 AM
J
Workshop Owner
Wow, I've been unaware that Alvin was/is having such a rough time. Last I'd heard was he wasn't able to travel to KC due to back surgery but was on the mend. Good to hear that his daughter and others are there for him.

Prayers from Theresa and I for a much needed speedy recovery.

John

J Lucas

1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
1959 Chevy Apache 31 Fleetside
1959 Chevy Apache 32 Fleetside
1969 Chevy C-50 Grain Truck

My Flicker Photos! [flickr.com]

TUTS 59 #1471291 Sun Oct 16 2022 04:33 PM
Leo Offline
'Bolter
I didn't realize Alvin was struggling either. Hopefully it will be continuous progress from here on. Best wishes Alvin!

TUTS 59 #1471411 Mon Oct 17 2022 02:04 PM
TUTS 59 Offline OP
Crusty Old Sarge
I spoke with Alvin this morning (Monday). He's doing better, still some pain from the Gallbladder surgery but he is able to eat some. He is having trouble talking a lot and looses his voice quickly, not sure what would cause that. I don't know if he had trachea tube in place during surgery. He still hasn't regained his apatite but is forcing himself to eat even if it's just a little.

The Dr. told him it could be several weeks before he regains his strength and feels like doing things again. He is trying to take it easy and work his way back into his routine. I wanted me to tell all of you "Thanks" for the prayers and thoughts. He still has a road ahead of him so keep the prayers coming.

Craig

Come, Bleed or Blister something has got to give!!!
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
TUTS 59 #1471419 Mon Oct 17 2022 03:56 PM
'Bolter
Thanks for the update again, Craig. Seems any surgery around the trunk hurts. And we need our trunk muscles for most movements. Even lifting your arms. Alvin will have to wait awhile to work on his six-pack. *

Keeping the prayer candle burning.

* Reminds me of another meme I heard: The only doctor I listen to is ...
Doctor Pepper. yahoo

Peggy M
Bird's eye view is a bit different than the worm's ~~ and it ISN'T about food. wink
TUTS 59 #1471423 Mon Oct 17 2022 04:35 PM
'Bolter
YES, its really me.
First off I want to thank EACH of you for your thoughts and prayers. We do appreciate each one, and a thanks to TUTS59 for the updates. for some reason its hard for me to even talk right now. However, I just came in from a walk and told myself I needed to say hi to all my bolter buddies who are the best. I've made so many friends for over 20 years here.....almost 25, and have not met a bad bolter yet! .....for a good laugh....I was told to talk while I walk to help me. (Thanks Peggy)

The past 7 weeks have been a trial I never thought I'd have to face. At times I simply felt I could not go on any longer and at times have not even wanted to. Back surgery wasn't so bad but right on its heels came the gallbladder problem that I may have even had during my back problems.
Then the gallbladder thing was not cut and dry. Doctor wasn't sure what it was and for a week I was on beef and chicken broth and then grits/oatmeal and such for another week. Finally got a CT scan but he felt it was inconclusive so diet for 2 weeks, and some Xrays. Then, an ultrasound. Then finally, two more weeks later, an appointment with the doctor where I was my own advocate, along with my daughter, that something must be done NOW. He finally said he'd admit me that evening about 5 o'clock. (Tuesday) That night they did another ultrasound and doctor was finally convinced it needed to come out. He worked me into his surgery schedule for Wednesday and they got to me about 3pm. At least I got to stay over night until late Thursday and I came home about 6pm.
Since then I still have pain from surgery but believe it to be getting a little better with the help of tylenol and ibuprohen. ... I refulse to take Hydrocodone as that is what sent me to the hospital ER after back surgery.

I have no appetite to speak of but my ritual consist of cherrios for early breakfast, maybe a Bojangle egg biscuit about 10am if I can get it, then its turkey or ham sandwiches, chicken or beef pot pies and for desert some applesauce or maybe low fat yogurt. Nothing greasy or fired....at least not yet.
I try to walk each day from my house to my mailbox, 50 steps, then up the street to my neighbors telephone pole which is 100 steps.....so 150 steps each way. Have to do it to get stronger as my legs were getting weaker each day. I try do this at least 3 times a day when someone is here with me and of course a walking cane too!

Not sleeping very well and the doctors say I could feel tired and fatigued up to two weeks and I certainly believe it. Right now I'm feel sooooo tired but felt I needed do at least check in.
My son in law stays with me every night, but I'm here daily by myself. My daughter teaches about a mile from me so she drops by most afternoons.

OOK, I"m tired, got to try lay down for a while to ease the pain.
THANKS again for the thoughts, kind words and prayers. I'm fighting this with your help. May each of you be blessed for your caring.

Not sure when I can post again. Hopefully soon as I heal and the pains go away.
You guys and gals are the best.... didn't check to see if all this made since. Hope you can read it. I did it in a hurry.

1937 Chevy Pickup [stovebolt.com]

1952 Chevy Panel [stovebolt.com]
1952 Chevy Panel [photos.app.goo.gl]

1950 Chevy Coupe
[photos.google.com]

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
TUTS 59 #1471425 Mon Oct 17 2022 04:41 PM
'Bolter
Now, Alvin, that's an update!

So so SO very glad to hear from you!

Love ya,
Peg

Peggy M
Bird's eye view is a bit different than the worm's ~~ and it ISN'T about food. wink
TUTS 59 #1471428 Mon Oct 17 2022 05:19 PM
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon and HiPo Forum
Alvin, Chic-fil-a is going bankrupt without your daily trip. Get well soon buddy.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2) “Emily”
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe “Clarence”

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

TUTS 59 #1471448 Mon Oct 17 2022 06:55 PM
T
'Bolter
Nothing wrong with your fingers for typing. hope you improve every day. all the best from downunder. had. T-shirt on yesterday from your 5th southern bolters reunion you sent me over ten years ago in 2012. you were the first stovebolter I had contact with and now I have a lot more in my Stovebolt family of friends

57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
TUTS 59 #1471451 Mon Oct 17 2022 07:20 PM
TUTS 59 Offline OP
Crusty Old Sarge
I wish I could say "He's Back", but I'll take this for now. We have way to many more adventures to plan for this to keep Alvin down.

Last edited by TUTS 59; Mon Oct 17 2022 07:20 PM.

Craig

Come, Bleed or Blister something has got to give!!!
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  Achipmunk, TUTS 59 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop