The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
2023 ... plans, plans, plans

Holidays are over

Hunkering down for winter ... how about your truck?
Winter storage.

Doing some truck maintenance?
The Shops Area may be useful.

Eager to plans some trips?
See what's shaking near you in The Side Lot.

How about your computer?
Plenty of help in the IT Shortbus.

Be of good cheer!
The days are getting longer.
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
2023 Old Truck Calendars
First one
Nothing like old trucks working

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
16 members (Dltalfa, DarrelS, D B Cooper, 3 invisible), 119 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,266
Posts1,053,222
Members46,580
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1469561 Tue Oct 04 2022 09:11 PM
C
'Bolter
Back in the middle 60's we accidentally started our Christmas tradition on a 57 Chevy with a 235 and a used up 3sp transmission. The lady owner worked at a nearby school desk manufacturer and was a single mom with no money. She shyly approached me to see if I would consider letting her pay out the needed transmission repair on credit. After she told me she left for work two hours early because she only had first gear that worked I said I would take a chance on her and to run her car into the shop as we had several old Chevy 3sp's we had from replacing the weak GM tranny with the super strong Ford top loader in race cars. I told her the whole job would cost her $35. That was in October and she brought SOMETHING in every Friday, usually $2 but one time fifty cents. A week before Christmas I wrote "paid in full" on her ticket and her tears and smiles were the very best Christmas present WE ever had so a tradition was started. Cars got too complicated and we have no modern test equipment so the last half dozen years we have been assembling everything from scooters to lawnmowers the weekend before Christmas from those IMPOSSIBLE instructions. The guys volunteer to work gratis on this weekend. We will continue the assembly tradition but am open to other suggestions so please sound off. Thank you; Evan

Evan
coilover #1469572 Tue Oct 04 2022 09:54 PM
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon and HiPo Forum
Evan you are a man with a big heart. There is a garage in OKC that repairs cars for free for deserving folks. All parts are paid for through donations and labor is free. Perhaps this is something you could do one or two Saturdays in December. Get your parts suppliers on board and get the word out to the DAV, American Legion and VFW then let them supply you with names of deserving veterans.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2) “Emily”
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe “Clarence”

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

coilover #1469575 Tue Oct 04 2022 10:01 PM
Crusty Old Sarge
I started something similar at the Guard Unit years ago. The Troops and I would collect used bikes and parts all year long and assemble what we could from the parts. We would sell some BBQ to help fund the projects, parts and paint. Around the first week of December we would donate as many bikes as we could to our local Fire Dept. They would load up one of their engines and make trips around town passing out bikes to Kidswho would have otherwise had nothing.

Craig

Come, Bleed or Blister something has got to give!!!
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
coilover #1469610 Wed Oct 05 2022 12:51 AM
'Bolter
I am all for helping people who are trying to help themselves. I will meet them halfway and then some.
As far as for kids, I'm all in for seeing that they get what I am able to give them. Kids don't have the option of selecting their parents.
I had a rough childhood. I still smile thinking of all of the kind souls who helped me out along the way while I was struggling through what no kid should ever be subjected too.

coilover #1469877 Thu Oct 06 2022 01:48 PM
I
Retired Construction Worker
Evan,, that is a heart warming story ..good on ya .. just like Carl.. the wife and I will help people who are trying to help themselves and cant or use some help due to hard times or unforseen happenings..

Directions are just another mans Opinion

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop