The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Thanksgiving

Much to be
thankful for

YOU!
The Stovebolt Collective

Thankfulness year 'round.
All around!
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,654
Posts1,046,323
Members46,391
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1469351 Mon Oct 03 2022 11:05 AM
W
'Bolter
I did not know how to title this because it is about photo storage. Years ago I put most of my photos in PhotoBucket and when they went to subscription service only I left them there and I am locked out. Is there a way to unlock it because the early days of my truck on it showing what was done? When I do try I get a 502 error.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon and HiPo Forum
Ron, you have asked this question several times and I’m pretty sure you are going to get the same answer. Pay the fee, retrieve your photos and cancel the service. Once you pay the fee ask Photobucket tech support for help. Store your photos on a Zip drive or backup hard drive.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2) “Emily”
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe “Clarence”

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

D
'Bolter
Martin is right. there is no way to retrieve them without help from Photobucket. There is no secret back door. I still can't figure out how they could offer a free service and then convert to a subscription and hold your photos hostage. They should have made some arraignments for people to get their photos if they had been posted prior to the conversion to a paid subscription. I know they never notified people of the need to get their photos before the conversion because I had some photos there and was never notified.

Dave from Northern Kentucky
My 54 3100
'Bolter
We just paid our annual fee for the Bolt Bucket just last week ... a whopping $9.99. It was worth it to us not to have the ads. You know how we are about ads! (We had a personal PB, but stuck with the free variety since the family wasn't really using it much. This was way before cell phones and what they were good for, as compared to now.)

Woogeroo said that something had changed awhile ago, hence a bunch of the Bolt Bucket links are broken. Have been fixing them as I come across them and time permits.

The interesting thing about the Bolt Bucket, we are way way over the minimum gigs for the albums. I have a note to self to pay for more space or get a second hosting site for the next 20 years.

Another thing I need to figure out, the file extension for the photos. It is an extension the Attachment Manager doesn't accept.

We have several backups.

Ron, good choice of Title for this post.

Peggy M
Bird's eye view is a bit different than the worm's ~~ and it ISN'T about food. wink
W
'Bolter
Sorry youall.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
'Bolter
Sorry? For what. This is good intel. IMHO

Peggy M
Bird's eye view is a bit different than the worm's ~~ and it ISN'T about food. wink
W
'Bolter
I tried for over an hour multi times and have had no success. I was hoping against hope that someone comes to my rescue. There robot's answering machine did not help. My fear even if I join they may have deleted my photos. There are pictures of my earliest time with the truck. They are from my first days with pictures of it with friends that are long gone. I even tried to join but there was no guarantee of the pictures being there. Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands. So if it is an inconvenience to answer just don't. I also read their history and downfall from 300 employees to 11. And the failure of some to do what was suggested and failed to receive a response from Photobucket. ohwell

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop