The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Thanksgiving

Much to be
thankful for

YOU!
The Stovebolt Collective

Thankfulness year 'round.
All around!
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 77 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,654
Posts1,046,323
Members46,391
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
'Bolter
Shipping is a killer for many things I put in shopping cart but immediately delete. Eastwood has a flat fee of $19.95 now it seems. A $177 order or one can of spray paint.

1957 Chevy 3200
PS, A/C, Tilt column, Rebuilt 350, Rebuilt TH350, Reupholstered Bench Seat, sound proof/insulated, LED headlights/taillights
[img] https://www.bransonmuseum.com/listings/1957-chevrolet-3200/ [/img]
'Bolter
DES57,

That flat fee can be a good deal. When we did the "support the troops" events, we encouraged Bolters to use the USPS flat rate box and stuff it with great heavy stuff ... like This Old Truck type mags.

BTW, I like the '57 in your signature line. Is that yours? Is it for sale or just for ooo's and ahhh's? smile

Peggy M
Bird's eye view is a bit different than the worm's ~~ and it ISN'T about food. wink
D
'Bolter
That was my inspiration at Branson Auto & Farm Museum in Branson. They still have it for sale. 7 years later, I still haven’t painted mine.

Attached Images

1957 Chevy 3200
PS, A/C, Tilt column, Rebuilt 350, Rebuilt TH350, Reupholstered Bench Seat, sound proof/insulated, LED headlights/taillights
[img] https://www.bransonmuseum.com/listings/1957-chevrolet-3200/ [/img]
'Bolter
That truck on the Branson site is super nice. I looked at the others on the site. Not many regular trucks. frown

Peggy M
Bird's eye view is a bit different than the worm's ~~ and it ISN'T about food. wink
P
Rustbucket Ranch
I browse FB Marketplace occasionally, and yeah some of the prices are pretty farfetched for what's offered.

Went to a swap meet a couple years ago, and spotted a '59 3200 fender emblem on a guy's table. Figured he'd say like $10-15 since it had some pitting and was curved, basically a wall hanger, but then he dropped the $80 price tag on me and claimed it was "rare, rare, rare, rare!" He tried a few times to sucker me into it, but needless to say I passed.

1949 Chevy 3100 (In the family since new)
1955 Chevy 3100 (Dad's truck)
1955 Chevy 6500 (Possible parts truck?)
1958 Chevy 3800 w/ 9 foot bed (Current project)
1959 Chevy Spartan 10400
More pics in my albums [get.google.com]
'Bolter
I know this is a general discussion of things, but I wanted to mention (on behalf of Gdads51 who is the Swap Meet Moderator), that when you find stuff like what you are talking about (especially the remark about Facebook Marketplace), that you consider ones that fit in these spots in the Swap Meet and post them there:

Other Online Sources -- Been surfing and come across something cool, interesting or useful to your follow Bolters? Or do you have something listed there? Well, share the joy / excitement with the Stovebolt Collective!

and/or

Spotting Alert Network -- Know of a Stovebolt ripe for the picking? Tell the rest of us! eBay, side of the road, your neighbor, some other web site, whatever -- tell us. Please put your own stuff in the appropriate forums, please.

Maybe? Probably? Helpful?

Peggy M
T
'Bolter
Here you go. Yup worth every dime, and when I sold my good ones all for way less than this.

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1959/chevrolet/apache/101588599

Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks.
Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.

As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
T
'Bolter
Just wow! Looking at the many trucks forsale online, its just crazy. Just so many of them ruined especially the ones modified, then there are the ones that have a nice paint job that I have mentioned before, that have the untouched underside of an old truck, that are priced at a new truck price. Really 26k for an interior with torn seat, and rusty dash, and an engine compartment that looks like it hasn't been cleaned in the last 40 years. And the many basic shells of a vehicle for 6 to 7K, then there are the ones that look like a patch work quilt, you know mix and matched body parts, spray can paint job in the cab, for 19K, oh but it may have a "built 350" or what ever, and sometimes just the good old inline 6.

Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks.
Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.

As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
G
'Bolter
Some folks buy a truck, then keep track of the cost of parts they buy and the equivalent cost of their labor and then expect to recover everything when they sell it. Unrealistic expectation to pass on routine maintenance cost, no?

D
'Bolter
I have always known that my labor was free. I do note what expenditures I make that are permanent but the routine stuff like batteries, tuneups and the like are part of cost of enjoying my truck.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop