The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
2023 ... plans, plans, plans

Holidays are over

Hunkering down for winter ... how about your truck?
Winter storage.

Doing some truck maintenance?
The Shops Area may be useful.

Eager to plans some trips?
See what's shaking near you in The Side Lot.

How about your computer?
Plenty of help in the IT Shortbus.

Be of good cheer!
The days are getting longer.
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
2023 Old Truck Calendars
First one
Nothing like old trucks working

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (IdahoNative, MNSmith, Hanks custodian, Otto Skorzeny, Chevrolet Canada, 2 invisible), 184 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,267
Posts1,053,228
Members46,580
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
back yard wrench turner
Airstream actually makes motorhomes.
click [google.com]

I've seen a Corvair powered motorhome like the one in the video. It was part of a Tin Can Camper group staying on Cedar Key, Florida.

Last edited by Wayne67vert; Mon Sep 26 2022 08:42 PM.

Wayne

When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
-30-
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
I
idaho39 Offline OP
Retired Construction Worker
Well , for opening a can of worms about air strean travel trailers has sure enlighted me .. thx guys for all the threads about it .. probabluy share some of it at my next camp out.. As for me, I will never be buying one ,,as I have went retro and now have an oldie 18 ft to pull with my 83 k10.. we spend more time outside than in a camper anyways .

Directions are just another mans Opinion

W
'Bolter
They were an interesting group they took them all over the globe. A lot of their treks were filmed and could be seen on tv. I got somewhat interested when my father bought a 6ft by 12ft fiberglass camper. He was a Methodist preacher and to get away was almost impossible if he stayed home. So he bought it from a neighbor. After church on Sunday night, he would leave for a local campground a few miles away. A church member ran the camp if a real emergency he would get ahold of dad. Hurray for the days before cell phones. My son named it the dinky. It had a sink and a small fridge. Oh yes, and a small closer.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery [stovebolt.com]
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix [photos.google.com]
W
'Bolter
Rounding the corners throws away storage space. I vote for square corners

1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet [sandeace.com]

29 Years of Daily Driving. With a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Yeah, but it helps with the wind, head on or sideways.

W
'Bolter
I vote for camping in my backyard. getting away in a camper and then driving 200 miles then setting up 10 feet from people you don't know is not getting away from it all. headscratch

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery [stovebolt.com]
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix [photos.google.com]
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
People you don't know can be interesting at times. We've met some good folks out camping.

Kevin
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
I
idaho39 Offline OP
Retired Construction Worker
Originally Posted by WE b OLD
I vote for camping in my backyard. getting away in a camper and then driving 200 miles then setting up 10 feet from people you don't know is not getting away from it all. headscratch
Ron ,,with your friendly way to carry a conversation.. you would fit in real good.. helping people like you do and all..
Originally Posted by klhansen
People you don't know can be interesting at times. We've met some good folks out camping.
I agree,Kevin , ,first of all most all campers are camping for fun to get out and away from things that are regualar daily things or just out of the house ,,so they and me are happy to be there.. My trucks have brought up a lot of conversations with others also .. and so does their trucks and campers ..

Last edited by idaho39; Tue Sep 27 2022 07:53 PM.

Directions are just another mans Opinion

T
'Bolter
Don King took me to a bar and the sign on door said No strangers only friends you haven’t met . A bit like going camping you don’t know who you will meet

57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
W
'Bolter
Here's one for camping in the bush. Right, TPR57C? We spent 6 months in Queensland. Is the hardware cloth screen for rocks or to keep kangaroos out? Notice it's on hinges to rotate down when in town I guess.

[img]http://www.sandeace.com/trips/BusForTheBush800.jpg[/img]

(I might have shown this before.)

Last edited by Wally / Montana; Tue Sep 27 2022 09:29 PM.

1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet [sandeace.com]

29 Years of Daily Driving. With a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop