The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
2023 ... plans, plans, plans

Holidays are over

Hunkering down for winter ... how about your truck?
Winter storage.

Doing some truck maintenance?
The Shops Area may be useful.

Eager to plans some trips?
See what's shaking near you in The Side Lot.

How about your computer?
Plenty of help in the IT Shortbus.

Be of good cheer!
The days are getting longer.
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
2023 Old Truck Calendars
First one
Nothing like old trucks working

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
11 members (klhansen, Hotrod Lincoln, Hanks custodian, Leo, 2 invisible), 173 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,266
Posts1,053,224
Members46,580
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
'Bolter
I found the other day and looking at the pictures I noticed that a dimmer switch was mounted on the dash. It could have been a starter switch. When I was selling Dodges we had to move the dimmer switch from the column to the floor, the customer did not have a left arm.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery [stovebolt.com]
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix [photos.google.com]
I
Retired Construction Worker
Ron,, I am going to share something with you about me an the 39 I bought a few years ago .. the same one I have right now,,it turns out not as exciting as the first one I bought when I was a young man.. Sure it is much nicer and a trophy getter ,,but it is me that changed .. Back in the early 60ies most all cars had smaller windshields and so I did not notice not being able to see over the hood at the road ahead of me , so when I drive this 39 around I am all the time looking thru any window I can to see whats beside me ,,back of me and straight ahead of me .. I feel like I am driving on defence down the highways ... And it takes more time to go through the gears where with the automatics of today it is a much smoother take off and slow down......I wonder if you were to get a 35 Plymouth if you would have the same feelings I do.. with the thinking why did I buy this car that is not really built for the highways of today with hardly any conviences even your Chevy truck has ,,and find it being in garage about all the time

Directions are just another mans Opinion

W
'Bolter
I know you are right but an obsession is an obsession. Yes, the truck has some of the same limitations but it has a lot of modern mechanicals. I have even searched for model cars of the era but have yet to find one. But a person of my age has to have a reason to get up in the morning.
It is the one that got away that I remember as perfect for me. Just like the little red hair girl in2nd grade but I saw her the other day and is gray-haired and 250 lbs. ohwell

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery [stovebolt.com]
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix [photos.google.com]

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop