The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Getting back to business
First round of holidays is about over. A few weeks before the next ones. For some of us...

Winter is Coming
Time to think about wintering your Bolt.
(continued)

A good Tech Tip
WINTERIZING YOUR TRUCK
including a link back to the Forums for some new thoughts.

Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
In the works
Nothing like an old truck calendar

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (Gray_Ghost, JoeDude, 1pete1, 2ManyTrucks, Flatblu4748, 1 invisible), 193 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,670
Posts1,046,519
Members46,401
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
A new stovebolt member from Austin has an ad in the swap meet forum for the complete running gear from a 57 GMC pickup- - - -engine, trans, rear end, radiator, and a few other items. He needs to move the bits and pieces soon, and it's going to take me a little while to organize a road trip to bring the stuff back to Tennessee. Can anybody do a pickup and temporary storage mission for me? I'll be glad to cover expenses, obviously, and/or give you some of the driveline parts for your trouble. The engine and trans is my main priority.
Thanks in advance!
Jerry

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!"
Abraham Lincoln

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.
Ernest Hemingway

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
B
'Bolter
How long is "a little while" Jerry? I'm about 110 miles west of Round Rock. I just got use of my garage back after a year's loss to a cabin building project that my daughter had going on at my place.

I'm getting ready to inspect the bottom end of a 302 GMC engine that I hope will be in my '52 GMC 150 flatbed in a year or so. Garage space would be a problem once this project gets underway.

By the way, that add says 56 GMC truck, not 57. Given that, the rear axle could be the corporate H-033 or the optional Spicer 45. The engine should be a 270.

I'll be away from a real computer until at least Tuesday night, maybe Wednesday night.
Call me at 7 won 3 for 6 ate 64 won 7 to discuss.

Last edited by Bill Hanlon; Mon Sep 19 2022 03:48 PM. Reason: new info
H
Thanks, Bill! I left you a voice mail message. Storage would be a few weeks at most, while I deal with an engine problem on my trailer towing rig and maybe coordinate a relay with my grandson who lives in Shreveport Louisiana. Thanks!
Jerry

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!"
Abraham Lincoln

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.
Ernest Hemingway

H
Well- - - -it looks like I'll be driving all the way from middle Tennessee to Round Rock and back, unless somebody is willing to meet me partway. Some of the logistics of a transportation relay aren't working out as planned. Glad I'm "retired"!
Jerry

Abraham Lincoln

Ernest Hemingway

'Bolter
Jerry,

Let me know when you are in the area! I’ll buy you lunch! Sorry I can’t be of service. I have no where to put it until we finish unpacking our new house. Even my trailer is full!

Chris

'Bolter
Jerry,

BTW, I have a crank shaft for you! I’ll bring it up to Austin!

Chris

Moderated by  ndkid275 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop