The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
2023 ... plans, plans, plans

Holidays are over

Hunkering down for winter ... how about your truck?
Winter storage.

Doing some truck maintenance?
The Shops Area may be useful.

Eager to plans some trips?
See what's shaking near you in The Side Lot.

How about your computer?
Plenty of help in the IT Shortbus.

Be of good cheer!
The days are getting longer.
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
2023 Old Truck Calendars
First one
Nothing like old trucks working

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
13 members (fonz8261, 78buckshot, 2-Ton, BolognaBurrito, Atticusnine, 3 invisible), 202 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,267
Posts1,053,232
Members46,580
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Bolter
thumbs_up

F
'Bolter
The generic topper would probably fly off the shelf! Hope you can work it out! Fingers crossed. Ed

Ed
O
'Bolter
Can you do a heartland version of the toolbox emblem?

1954 Chevy custom 261CID, T-5 5 Speed.
1952 Chevy 6400 2 ton hydraulic flat bed.
P
Bolter
oldieoldie,
Yes we can. Please send a PM with mailing address, and how you would like to pay. We take checks and PayPal.
Thank you!

AD Addict
Originally Posted by Lugnutz
I just got mine!
Has anyone decided to paint it? Show some pictures!
I don’t have one of the toppers, but I do have experience in painting 3d prints. You can sand and use primer like anything else you paint. Start with something in the 150 - 220 grit paper and sand until You get most of the lines out then spray with a rattle can buildable primer. Sand smooth with 320 then top coat. Easy-peasy!

Fist photo shows finished product and second show raw print.

Attached Images
A98DEDDA-748D-4B4B-A157-ABFDDF21725F.jpeg (131.02 KB, 291 downloads)
0671EABD-2C84-4E68-BA43-881FB61291DA.jpeg (218.41 KB, 289 downloads)
Last edited by Phak1; Sun Sep 18 2022 06:40 PM.

Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop & Interiors

1952 Chevrolet 3100
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum

‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters
“Three on the Tree” & 4:11 torque tube
12v w/ Alternator
P
Bolter
UPDATE: To all who have purchased and received their toppers/emblems… if for any reason, other than extreme abuse, your topper/emblem breaks we will gladly replace it for free. This goes for anyone purchasing in the future as well.

S
'Bolter
Looking forward to receiving mine, hopefully any day now. thumbs_up I'd be interested in seeing how others have painted theirs up but don't know where, or if, starting a thread to ask for pics would be appropriate.

Philippians 2:9-11

1952 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
Dalton Highway survivor
www.truckwithaheart.com [flickr.com]
S
'Bolter
Got mine, looks great, can't wait to paint it. Your grandson is doing a fine job on these. grin

Philippians 2:9-11

1952 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
Dalton Highway survivor
www.truckwithaheart.com [flickr.com]
P
Bolter
Originally Posted by Skooter
Got mine, looks great, can't wait to paint it. Your grandson is doing a fine job on these. grin

We are really glad you like it! Thank you for supporting!
chug

P
Bolter
My Grandson started this venture to honor the Southern Bolters. We have printed a couple other regional toppers, but have kept it a Southern thing, for the most part. AND Lugnutz’s painted topper was icing on the cake! Fantastic job Jay!!! I am honored that you made the truck the same blue as my “Old Blue” ‘53! shake chug
Check out the video in Lugnutz's post if you haven’t yet.

I want to thank all those who have supported Eli. He feels like a real contributor to the Southern Bolters now.

We have had this thread going for well over 30 days. We will continue to make more toppers/emblems as we get requests for them. However, I am starting to get requests for “Stovebolt.com” toppers. And an Admin has suggested a change to the design which I really like. I guess what I am asking is would there be enough interest, and is there any objection by the Southern Bolters?

We will still continue the original design for any Bolters who want the exclusive Southern toppers.

Please let me know what you think. (PM works!)

And again THANK YOU all for the support! It means more than you can imagine. thumbs_up

We are working on a template. As soon as we have a drawing and approval from the Admins I will post a picture.

Last edited by Peggy M; Thu Sep 29 2022 02:36 PM.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Gdads51, John Milliman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop