The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Getting back to business
First round of holidays is about over. A few weeks before the next ones. For some of us...

Winter is Coming
Time to think about wintering your Bolt.
(continued)

A good Tech Tip
WINTERIZING YOUR TRUCK
including a link back to the Forums for some new thoughts.

Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
In the works
Nothing like an old truck calendar

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (Gray_Ghost, JoeDude, 1pete1, 2ManyTrucks, Flatblu4748, 1 invisible), 193 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,670
Posts1,046,519
Members46,401
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Eric R Offline OP
'Bolter
Hello all. I am pulling my hair out. I installed a three speed BW 10 trans in my 55 series 1 3100. I found and purchased the pull handle and cable but can not find any information on how it attaches to the Pull Arm on the trans. There must be some kind of hardware that attaches to that arm that connects to the cable. A picture would help a lot if anyone has this setup. And information or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Eric
55 3100

Last edited by Eric R; Tue Sep 13 2022 09:31 PM.

L
'Bolter
Mine has a bolt with a hole drilled for the cable to go through with a flat washer a lock washer then the nut tighten it down
Don't have any pics off hand but will look.
Hope my explanation helps

This is no longer fun
R
'Bolter
Just to expand on what Robert offered. There should be a bracket mounted to the lower bolt on the solenoid.
That bracket holds the outer portion of the cable in place. As indicated there is a special bolt with a shoulder type washer that is installed on the OD engagement lever. This tightens the inner cable but allows it to pivot on the lever when it is pulled/pushed.
You can fabricate these components and drill a hole in the bolt just below the head.
If you have an assembly manual, refer to RPO 315 sheet 2.00
Fred

1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes
1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes
2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans
1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine
L
'Bolter
Originally Posted by rfs56trk
Just to expand on what Robert offered. There should be a bracket mounted to the lower bolt on the solenoid.
That bracket holds the outer portion of the cable in place. As indicated there is a special bolt with a shoulder type washer that is installed on the OD engagement lever. This tightens the inner able but allows it to pivot on the lever when it is pulled/pushed.
You can fabricate these components and drill a hole in the bolt just below the head.
If you have an assembly manual, refer to RPO 315 sheet 2.00
Fred
Thanks for the save Fred I knew the pros would be here to help

This is no longer fun
B
Curmudgeon

"Adding CFM to a truck will only help at engine speeds you don't want to use."
"I found there was nothing to gain beyond 400 CFM."
F
'Bolter
EricR Clear back in 1967 on my first overdrive truck ( had a56 ferd overdrive before I knew any better LOL learned on it) I just put a small shifter stick with linkage to shift the overdrive lever. Looked good worked good,looked like a little hurst shifter by the big one. A lot of ways to do it,had a little white ball ,stick about 8 inches tall.

Moderated by  SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop