The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Thanksgiving

Much to be
thankful for

YOU!
The Stovebolt Collective

Thankfulness year 'round.
All around!
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
1 members (WE b OLD), 60 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,654
Posts1,046,324
Members46,391
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1464042 Fri Aug 26 2022 05:31 PM
W
'Bolter
I returned another computer device that I could not get to work, 2 hours ago and my refund has been credited.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
WE b OLD #1464051 Fri Aug 26 2022 06:00 PM
I
Retired Construction Worker
Originally Posted by WE b OLD
I returned another computer device that I could not get to work, 2 hours ago and my refund has been credited.
Good for you Ron,, I buy a lot of things off Amazon .. I do like that they take a photo of the package they drop at my door showing the flower pot and when they do not show that pot ,then I recognize my neighbors front door area and call her up and walk over and wrestled it out of her arms..

Directions are just another mans Opinion

WE b OLD #1464060 Fri Aug 26 2022 06:36 PM
W
'Bolter
I feel a little bad, this is the third item in a month. But I order for 2 other people that do not have computers. It messes up the budget because they pay me in cash then when the bill comes it is gone. Not a big problem but messes with my thinking.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
WE b OLD #1464173 Sat Aug 27 2022 02:03 PM
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Before we get too carried away, you all might want to look at the causes Amazon supports ...

Just sayin' ...

John

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers

'49 Chevrolet 3804
'73 IH 1310 Dump
'14 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)

WE b OLD #1464174 Sat Aug 27 2022 02:07 PM
W
'Bolter
John, I understand where you are coming from. But I have tried to avoid what you are hinting about but it is almost impossible.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
WE b OLD #1464190 Sat Aug 27 2022 03:30 PM
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Ron -- Miss Margaret is of the opinion that if you can't find it at Wal-Mart or on Craig's List, you don't actually need it. I find myself more and more in agreement with her. smile

But then again, she is also of the opinion that if it comes in a big white and red van with the words "Snap-On" written it, I *definitely* don't need it .... frown

John

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers

'49 Chevrolet 3804
'73 IH 1310 Dump
'14 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)

WE b OLD #1464199 Sat Aug 27 2022 04:03 PM
W
'Bolter
My companion buys practically everything on Amazon. I have found that if it is breakable, it will be broken when it arrives.

George

They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.

1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
WE b OLD #1464201 Sat Aug 27 2022 04:13 PM
J
Workshop Owner
I try to buy local 1st.

John

J Lucas

1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
1959 Chevy Apache 31 Fleetside
1959 Chevy Apache 32 Fleetside
1969 Chevy C-50 Grain Truck

My Flicker Photos! [flickr.com]

WE b OLD #1464202 Sat Aug 27 2022 04:16 PM
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Amazon actually Sucks! but sometimes the only place to find certain items. I tried buying a bright orange ammo box to use in my boat, which they said they couldn't ship to Alaska. But they had no trouble shipping the exact thing in green. They tried to blame it on the manufacturer, who I corresponded to and found they had no such restrictions. I can understand not being able to ship things like paint, but a plastic box?!!! computerdeath

Kevin
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
Busting rust since the mid-60's
WE b OLD #1464213 Sat Aug 27 2022 06:45 PM
'Bolter
Okay. Here it comes! wink

2 hours ago and my refund has been credited.

Oh bother. When returning to Walmart, FedEx picks it up at the door. Scans the mailing label. Immediately, we have the refund credited to our Discover Card.

I do like that they take a photo of the package they drop at my door

Walmart does that. Mostly for the packages we send to our daughter in San Diego. I'm guessing their Walmart is fairly close. thumbs_up

I feel a little bad,
I felt a little bad, too but realized if a had a messed up order, I'd take it back to the store/vendor. Many times with Walmart, they will tell me to keep the item, give it away, dispose of it ... no questions. thumbs_up

Amazon supports ...
We used Amazon a long time ago. It was an easy way to find stuff. We were not big time on-line shoppers. I was always a careful shopper, tho, keeping track of prices, etc. When I discovered Walmart on-line (and figured out how to get the best deal shopping with them), my my my. What a difference. Walmart WAS cheaper than Amazon "deal" and I checked each time for a long time.

"Support" - Walmart has supported a bunch of efforts we have been involved in from USMC, Church, School, community stuff. You may not know, just recently, Walmart provided food and other items to support the people who were affected by the Uvalde mass shooting. Walmart is very much community-oriented. thumbs_up

Walmart has pre-orders (like for books and the like), which we have used several time. It bothers me when many people selling their stuff use Amazon (even on-line consumer sites). We check Walmart and it's a better price. Even washer and dryer, medical supplies, landscaping items, etc. Walmart has a lot of stuff that you wouldn't think of.

Sales - sometimes additional price reduction at check out, and we always go for free shipping.

Even when I'm not certain of the size, I get the best guess and return the wrong one(s). Walmart sends a label (usually FedEx or USPS) and the FedEx driver will pick it up when bringing my *next* package! It has been especially fun to shop for the grand children, and for friends.

I have found that if it is breakable, it will be broken when it arrives.
Happens here sometimes, too. I just hop online and Walmart sends a replacement within a day or two. Usually nothing to return. Even if box is left in the rain, Walmart will commit to the return and send again.

On the returns, even if we don't like it because it wasn't what we expected, no questions asked. Return. Credit.

And lastly (or I should say enough already! cantlook), those Blue Light Specials you see at the Walmart store ... well, they have a clearance section (search) and have under $1, $5, $10. Makes it easy to get to the $35 for free shipping.

Ok. Now lastly: when we think about something we need or running out, I put it in my virtual cart. Their website is set up well. Easy to shop with the buy again feature.

Okay ... as you all say: "rant over." wave

Peggy M
Bird's eye view is a bit different than the worm's ~~ and it ISN'T about food. wink
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop