The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Thanksgiving

Much to be
thankful for

YOU!
The Stovebolt Collective

Thankfulness year 'round.
All around!
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
1 members (Sir Duke), 111 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,654
Posts1,046,323
Members46,391
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1461564 Sat Aug 06 2022 12:26 PM
W
'Bolter
Sorry they are fords.Really sorry. [youtube.com]

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Socket Breaker
Chevy is coming out with one, eventually... they say.

Silverado EV [chevrolet.com]

Looks like a new Avalanche, but it's electric.

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid yet, they have a lot of bugs to work out, the main ones being the charging times and infrastructure for charging stations.

I've read write ups by people in the nearest big city to me, selling their electric cars because there were not enough charging stations available when they went out and about, so they sold it and bought a hybrid.

-Woog

W
'Bolter
I can't tell you the name of it but a car company advertises the future of electric cars a car that can go 1100 miles on a single charge. And cost half of what a Tesla is. Electric is not in my future, I am hoping to get along on my 2008 HHR with 145,000 on it.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Alaska is supposedly installing a string of charging stations along the highway between Anchorage and Fairbanks, a 5-6 hour drive in a normal car. Assuming that the charging station isn't occupied when you get to it, the trip would probably take 8-10 hours. If you have to wait your turn to charge, it might be better to plan on an overnight stop somewhere along the way. And there isn't much for accommodations along the way, so take a sleeping bag and something to eat with you.

On the other hand my daughter and SIL in Juneau have an all electric car that serves them well. But it's only 50 miles from one end of the road to the other. They have a charging station in their garage, and rarely need to use the ones downtown.

Kevin
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
Busting rust since the mid-60's
Ex Hall Monitor
When the wife and I travel we only do 350-400 miles a day. When they get to the point where they can go 400 miles and still have a decent reserve in the battery, AND when the bird of paradise decides to crap a few dozen golden eggs in my bank account, I might consider buying electric. The prices today for ANY modern vehicle is nuts.

Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Let's go Jared!
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
W
back yard wrench turner
Originally Posted by Woogeroo
Chevy is coming out with one, eventually... they say.

Silverado EV [chevrolet.com]

infrastructure for charging stations.
-Woog

There lies the real issue. The average neighborhood power grid won't handle more than a few chargers being used at one time. Improvement must be made if more homes turn to ev's.

Wayne

When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
-30-
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
Socket Breaker
Originally Posted by Wayne67vert
The average neighborhood power grid won't handle more than a few chargers being used at one time. Improvement must be made if more homes turn to ev's.

There ya go using logic and stuff.

grin

-Woog

H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Try getting trapped in a blizzard, or an hours-long traffic jam caused by a major accident during a heat wave. Now, do you choose to run the heater, the air conditioner, or have enough battery power to drive to a recharging station once the delay is over? Better keep your AAA membership up to date, and hope the tow truck driver isn't also using an electric vehicle! I've also heard that AAA is planning to field a fleet of trailers hauling generators run by big Diesel engines, for service calls on stranded EV's!
Jerry

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!"
Abraham Lincoln

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.
Ernest Hemingway

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
R
'Bolter
How's your home electrical supply going to handle Dad's truck ev, Mom's suv ev, and the kids go to school ev's? I just took a trip to Bowling Green, Kentucky with my 39, 500 miles there, 500 miles back home. I did not see one billboard or sign for electrical vehicle recharging stations. Virtually every exit had gasoline stations tho. I can foresee gas generators becoming an accessory option on the ev's. Perhaps solar panels or wind mills on the roof!

Rick

W
'Bolter
I watch quite the test of different EVs cars and trucks and all make excuses for not being able to complete their road test about EVs.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop