The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Getting back to business
First round of holidays is about over. A few weeks before the next ones. For some of us...

Winter is Coming
Time to think about wintering your Bolt.
(continued)

A good Tech Tip
WINTERIZING YOUR TRUCK
including a link back to the Forums for some new thoughts.

Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
In the works
Nothing like an old truck calendar

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
10 members (JW51, Lightholder's Dad, JoeDude, Marty_in_Mesa, FAST55, 1 invisible), 211 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,667
Posts1,046,514
Members46,401
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1462166 Wed Aug 10 2022 06:55 PM
R
Redbird Offline OP
'Bolter
Not sure when they were replaced, but look dried out and brittle to me. I have purchased replacements. Any tips to tackle this one? It looks like you need to hold the line up by the clip, and use a line wrench on the steel line. Anys tips on breaking them loose. Also tips on the bleeder valve on the wheel cylinder. I don't want to round it off trying to loosen.

I just purchased my 1953 Chevy 3100 three weeks ago. So far I know it has a 235 ci six-cyl out of a 54 passenger car, converted to 12v, not sure when painted, Coker bias-plys, 3 on the tree, nice interior, no radio, guessing 4.11 rear. Had a lube job, drained trans & rear. Added new fluids. Replacing VC gasket/ Old one fell apart in a dozen pieces, hence oil leaking. Does not smoke. Will drain coolant system & replace thermostat. Ordered an Assembly manual. Have a 48-53 truck shop manual. Will replace plugs & wires. Had generator rebuilt.
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Yes, you need to use a back-up wrench when removing lines. Get a set of line wrenches (box style with a cutout so you can slip the wrench over the tube, then on to the nut.)
On bleeders, use a box wrench (6-point if you have one) or the above mentioned line wrench.

Kevin
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
Busting rust since the mid-60's
R
Redbird Offline OP
'Bolter
Thank you. I don't want to twist or break the steel line.

I just purchased my 1953 Chevy 3100 three weeks ago. So far I know it has a 235 ci six-cyl out of a 54 passenger car, converted to 12v, not sure when painted, Coker bias-plys, 3 on the tree, nice interior, no radio, guessing 4.11 rear. Had a lube job, drained trans & rear. Added new fluids. Replacing VC gasket/ Old one fell apart in a dozen pieces, hence oil leaking. Does not smoke. Will drain coolant system & replace thermostat. Ordered an Assembly manual. Have a 48-53 truck shop manual. Will replace plugs & wires. Had generator rebuilt.
'Bolter
I use a small six point socket to crack the bleeders initially.

'
'Bolter
Give the bleeders a shot of PB Blaster a day or two before you try to open them.

Moderated by  SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop