The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Whatcha doing now?
What did you get done on your Bolt today? - 2021 and later
The original thread is still in tact and we have 14 pages already for this time frame. A "mini-Project Journal" if you will.

Stovebolt driving report
Started by Cletis in 2012 - 36 pages and going strong!

Who uses their truck as a truck - 2021 and later

Re-started this thread. Three pages and counting.

Bolters in the Side Lot
are planning get togethers and what not. See who's near you.

Stay busy; keep warm!
Share your enthusiam.
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
2023 Old Truck Calendars
First one
Nothing like old trucks working

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
3 members (TPR57C, WE b OLD, LexAdmn), 93 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,332
Posts1,054,204
Members46,615
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
N
'Bolter
To my ODSS brothers, my primary mission at the Tri-State Truck Show is shared brotherhood and the appreciation of fine American steel. My secondary mission is to get the NAPCO Beast running after about 11 or 12 years of being a lawn ornament. If you have anything that you think might possibly help to accomplish my secondary mission, please bring it. Any parts, tools, rebuild kits etc. are welcomed and I will pay for anything we end up using. I flushed out the gas tank today with fresh non-ethanol gas and the fuel pump started leaking profusely. The cork gasket for the glass fuel bowl was toast and nobody near me has one. That is one obvious part I will need prior to starting. Anything else that you might have for a 1950 2-ton, would be appreciated. Thanks gents and see you at the “Big One”.

On a separate note, I borrowed a trailer from a friend today to haul the NAPCO to the show, but for some reason the trailer brakes aren’t working. I’ll play with them in the morning and if I can’t fix them, I’ll use my own smaller trailer. One way or another, it’s getting to the show.

Take care,
George

J
Unrepentant VW Lover
George -- I'll try to find that roll of cork I have -- thanks for the reminder.

John

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers

'49 Chevrolet 3804
'73 IH 1310 Dump
'14 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)

ODSS Lawman
I look forward to playing with the old beast again

SWEET
Sergeant At Arms
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society

BUNS?!?!?! Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....

1950 GMC 450 (25% owner)
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery [stovebolt.com]
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Gotta look - I may have another fuel pump. I have a batch of gaskets too. What motor is in your truck George? Is it holding water? I gave Mike Roach a nice 2-ton radiator that I imagine he would sell to you........

In this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well......

A link to a few photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rwnBAvAWFckJTErs2

1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"

N
'Bolter
Bring it all! It’s hard to tell what we’ll need to get it going. For some reason the distributor was backed out, so I’ve messed with trying to time it, but with no luck. It still has no brakes, except the hand brake, but it’ll have to do until I can get a hydrovac booster.

V
VEW Offline
'Bolter
George-don’t know what your hydro vac looks like but I can pull off the one from my 59 one ton. Don’t know if it works but could be rebuilt if it doesn’t. Looks like this. I won’t be there until late Saturday. Let me know if you want it.
Victor

Attached Images

Victor

41 3/4 Ton Pick Up (in process)
55 Grumman Kurbside (Doughboy) 235/3 on tree w/ OD
57 3100 - gone
58 C4400 Viking (Thor)
59 C4500 Short Bus (Magic Bus) - gone
59 G3800 1 Ton Dually (Chief) - gone

N
'Bolter
Much thanks for the offer Victor! I have an old one to rebuild, but I haven’t gotten around to it. I was hoping to link up with you, but I’ll be leaving the show around mid-day Saturday. Today was a marathon of problems, but the NAPCO has been delivered to the ODSS area of operations. Planning to head that way in the RV tomorrow around noon.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop