The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Getting back to business
First round of holidays is about over. A few weeks before the next ones. For some of us...

Winter is Coming
Time to think about wintering your Bolt.
(continued)

A good Tech Tip
WINTERIZING YOUR TRUCK
including a link back to the Forums for some new thoughts.

Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
In the works
Nothing like an old truck calendar

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
10 members (Lightholder's Dad, JoeDude, FAST55, 55shaker, KEVINSKI, Donf), 220 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,667
Posts1,046,513
Members46,401
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
idaho39 Offline OP
Retired Construction Worker
Since I moved here ,,the hottest days were right before and on the 4th of July ,,,,this year it waited until this end of July with over 100 degree days for over a week now and the last three have been gaining each day 105.3 / 106,3 /106.7 and today right now it's 105 and the day is not over
EDITED he last number ,, and it only got to 104,7 today,, now it might be coming down a little each this coming week .. at least there is no humidity ,,a dry heat .

Last edited by idaho39; Sun Jul 31 2022 12:31 AM.

Directions are just another mans Opinion

W
back yard wrench turner
My oven is a dry heat!

Wayne

When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
-30-
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
Y
'Bolter
The local car club host the Northwest Nationals during the last weekend in July and it got so hot over the last few years they decided to do it a week later, guess what, still to darn hot for most of us. Most of the cars can find shade on the grass and tree lined grounds, but there is always some overflow that ends up in the parking lot. We are scheduled for cooler weather next week, hope it comes through.

Crusty Old Sarge
I was much the same for those of us who were at the SETN in Lebanon this year. Friday saw 104, Saturday we had rain but it was still hot.
We have been looking at other shows earlier in the year, July is just to hot for most of us.

Craig

Come, Bleed or Blister something has got to give!!!
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
W
'Bolter
It is 81 right now but it has been close to 100. It has been the hottest summer I can remember and I moved here in 1956 about an hour north of here. We did not get our first window air until 1961. My father was a Methodist preacher and could not afford one. I bought the first box fan for the house. A little National-built home. Every pew of the church had cardboard fans, usually provided by the local mortuary.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
I
idaho39 Offline OP
WE have had a number of days over 100 lately and I see another one coming up this Monday 102 ,in the between time it will be today 93 then 98 tomorrow and then the 102 ,,my cantelope is still growing but is late ,, the water melon still has no little ones on it ,,same with the crooked neck squash ,, every one is saying that there are not any bees this year to polinate ,, so I have big vines lots of blossoms and no melons or squash on them escept ONE ..

Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon and HiPo Forum
Old farmers wife’s remedies for no bees. Take your wife’s broom out and gently beat the plants. It will bring on the veggies. I’ve personally done it and it works. May be a little late this year.

Our grass is burnt up from weeks of high heat and no rain. Livestock is in trouble around here. I’ll be hauling hay from 2-3 states away this year to get the horses (11) through the winter. Not gonna be cheap.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2) “Emily”
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe “Clarence”

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

I
idaho39 Offline OP
I forgot that I mentioned this about bees on this post ,,What is happening with the broom whippin is it is making the pollen fly off one flower onto another ,, my brother has taken a Q-tip and touch one flower to another and did his own pollenating..

Last edited by idaho39; Sat Aug 06 2022 01:45 PM.

W
'Bolter
We had rain yesterday and they are predicting more for the next 4 days. A week ago so we had huge wind and rain over the middle part of the state, Indy, and north for 150 miles.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon and HiPo Forum
Originally Posted by idaho39
I forgot that I mentioned this about bees on this post ,,What is happening with the broom whippin is it is making the pollen fly off one flower onto another ,, my brother has taken a Q-tip and touch one flower to another and did his own pollenating..

Yup
Works just like the Q-tip just faster.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2) “Emily”
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe “Clarence”

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop