The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Getting back to business
First round of holidays is about over. A few weeks before the next ones. For some of us...

Winter is Coming
Time to think about wintering your Bolt.
(continued)

A good Tech Tip
WINTERIZING YOUR TRUCK
including a link back to the Forums for some new thoughts.

Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
In the works
Nothing like an old truck calendar

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
12 members (Maybellene, Hotrod Lincoln, JoeDude, 2-Ton, JW51, Atticusnine), 196 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,668
Posts1,046,516
Members46,401
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
John Milliman #1460435 Wed Jul 27 2022 11:56 PM
J
'Bolter
Originally Posted by John Milliman
I'm with Mark on Duluth. My work shorts, now two years old, are Duluth. Still pretty much look new. And working in the Excavating environment is tough on work clothes. I have a pair of long pants from Duluth, too. Toughest pants ever. Pricey, though. I think they are worth it. Peggy does not agree. In non-shorts season, my preferred work attire is a comfy set of coveralls I got from Tractor Supply a few years ago.

I don't particularly care for wearing jeans and don't find them comfy usually.

Most VW drivers have an aversion to jeans.

wink

Last edited by JW51; Thu Jul 28 2022 12:04 AM.
JW51 #1460475 Thu Jul 28 2022 01:13 PM
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Originally Posted by JW51
Most VW drivers have an aversion to jeans.

wink

What are ya sayin', JW??? (switching to my affected Mid Atlantic accent that I learned in boarding school ....) That we also drink double latte's, get in a set of Squash before brunch and in the summer, spend our weekends in the Hamptons and winter weekends in Vail? Which, thanks for reminding me, I *really* hope they have the G5 ready for the weekend ... Buffy will be SOOOOO disappointed if we don't make it to the Seychelles for the eclipse ...

And by the way, my watch (an Omega Seamaster, if you must know) tells me the time in both New York AND Gstaad.

(switching back to my normal accent thats a blend of Chesapeake Tidewater and DownEast Maine ...)

But in my own defense, my VW at least has a 6-speed manual transmission ... so I have THAT going for me, anyway.

Ciao!
Biff

chug

John

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers

'49 Chevrolet 3804
'73 IH 1310 Dump
'14 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)

J Lucas #1460482 Thu Jul 28 2022 02:01 PM
J
'Bolter
Thread hijacking is totally allowed in the Spoon, yes?…..

If you recall, we are similarly afflicted with the V-Dub disorder.

My first vehicle was a 1981 Rabbit pickup. It was total crap but I still loved it.

The most funnest vehicle we have owned as a daily driver since marriage, was a little Passat wagon with a turbo and six speed. A rocket ship, that thing was.

You ever (or currently) had a diesel VW, John? I never have, but I’d like to someday.

JW51 #1460486 Thu Jul 28 2022 02:20 PM
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon and HiPo Forum
[quote=JW51]Thread hijacking is totally allowed in the Spoon, yes?…..”

Blue Jeans to mosquitoes to VWs, so ........... Yes

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2) “Emily”
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe “Clarence”

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Justhorsenround #1460513 Thu Jul 28 2022 04:24 PM
Crusty Old Sarge
Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
[quote=JW51]Thread hijacking is totally allowed in the Spoon, yes?…..”

Blue Jeans to mosquitoes to VWs, so ........... Yes

This thread wasn't hijacked, it was totally derailed grin

Craig

Come, Bleed or Blister something has got to give!!!
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
J Lucas #1460519 Thu Jul 28 2022 04:36 PM
D
'Bolter
Well, with all the medical problems an 80 year old suffers from then add to that the depression I've been experiencing
the last few years.....I don't get around to the Bolt all that often any more. Haven't driven Old Blue for about three years
now, and New Blue sits in the barn with the engine torn down going into it's seventh year.
So......Blue Jeans......as soon as I was potty trained and out of diapers I was fit up with my first pair of Levi's. And....I've
been wearing them faithfully since then, that amounts to about 75 years worth of Levi's that I've faded into oblivion.
The first ones, till I was in my teens were equipped with the button fly's then came the zipper about the time I got into
high school, thank the Lordy for that. The last thirty or forty years the marketing geniuses' just had to change a good
thing thinking they needed to keep up with the younger tastes, so came the multitude of different styles still labeled
as Levi's. First thing I ran into when it came time for replacement was the tight fitting cuts and the stretch material.
Then they cut down the ball room, I think they called them hip huggers or something along those lines.
Still....with some effort, I could still find the regular fit Levi's. A few years ago, the bean counters came up with the
bright idea that they didn't need 7 belt loops and cut back to 5. Probably saved 2 cents on each pair sold but now
the waste sags between the loops. Still....with some effort I can find the regular fit Levi's. But now my source is
directly from the Levi factory site because I very rarely am able to find my style or size in a retail store.
I normally order six pair at a time from the factory site, which will last me several years. Another change....the last
batch that I got about a year ago does not fade. The blue fading out of the material was one of the hallmark images
of a Levi wearer. Oh, of course for an additional fee they will sell you a pair of pre-faded or half worn out jeans.
But, since I've got another 20 years to go next time I might just cut open the mattress and stock up on enough Levi's
to last me till I'm ready for the big blaze. 'Cuz.....they're probably gonna change them again in the near future.
Last thing I got to say is....they've shipped the majority of their manufacturing off to foreign countries and if you
want a pair that's made in the US.....they still sew a few here but get ready to pay big bucks unless their add trips
you up into thinking they were truly made in the US. The label in all of the ones I've gotten for about $35 all say
made in Bangladesh or Indonesia or Brazil or Mexico. They must have been run out of San Francisco, California
for some reason?
Denny G
Sandwich, IL

J Lucas #1460535 Thu Jul 28 2022 06:08 PM
J
'Bolter
Good to see you again, Denny. Hope you come hang out more often again.

I remember using some of your extensive photo documentation to solve some mysteries on my truck.

J Lucas #1460538 Thu Jul 28 2022 07:20 PM
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
I'm old, feeble, and more than a little crippled up- - - - -but I believe I could still outrun someone who tries to GIVE me a pair of Levi's. I certainly wouldnt be caught spending any money with that company!
Jerry

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!"
Abraham Lincoln

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.
Ernest Hemingway

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
Hotrod Lincoln #1460540 Thu Jul 28 2022 07:28 PM
J
'Bolter
Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
I'm old, feeble, and more than a little crippled up- - - - -but I believe I could still outrun someone who tries to GIVE me a pair of Levi's. I certainly wouldnt be caught spending any money with that company!
Jerry

X100 for me!

Jon

1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235
T5 with 3.07 rear end
J Lucas #1460557 Thu Jul 28 2022 09:43 PM
W
'Bolter
John, you forgot the little finger with permanent cruck.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop