The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
E V E N T Highlight

Southern
"STOVEBOLT"
Jamboree 2022
July 8 and 9
Lebanon TN

The Southern Bolters are planning their area get together in
conjunction with the
Southeast Truck Nationals at Cedars of Lebanon State Park (TN)

Check out the details, with new info on the Southern Bolters forum.

Plenty of other events in the Side Lot

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
2 members (dunfire, kades51), 85 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics127,986
Posts1,036,245
Members45,906
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
AD Addict
I used Cu-Ni (copper Nickel) on mine after multiple leaks with the ones I ordered from Classic Parts. Here is the post That shows the results. https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...s-filter-with-hard-line.html#Post1437615

Phil

1952 Chevrolet 3100
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery

‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters
“Three on the Tree” & 4:11 torque tube
12v w/ Alternator
R
'Bolter
I’m thankful that Royal Brass and Hose is just down the street and will make flex lines while I wait at the counter, usually. If not I can go grab a bite and come back

I invest my money in precious metals, mostly rust!
S
showme Offline OP
'Bolter
Nice set up, Phil! I like your pressure gauge. My engine has never been as clean and shiny as yours, though. Doesn't leak oil, but is the old, rusty looking engine it has always been. And R, that must be nice. Wish I knew of some place like that here. But I have a tube bender and although I don't have a flaring tool for double flares, I've been looking at one on JEGS for years I wanted to get "just in case I need one".

"When I rest, I rust"
1951 3100 5 window w/ '56 235

P
AD Addict
Originally Posted by showme
Nice set up, Phil! I like your pressure gauge. My engine has never been as clean and shiny as yours, though.

Mine wasn't either until it got a total rebuild. Perfect time to make it clean and shinny.

As for the flaring tool, don’t buy one from HF as you will be disappointed in the results. Buy a quality one and you’ll never look back. CU flares easy, but do make. Few practice pieces, enough to get the hang of it.

Phil

1952 Chevrolet 3100
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery

12v w/ Alternator
J
'Bolter
I’ve been wanting to do an engine bay pressure gauge, but was struggling with how to beat plumb it. Looks like you put one tee into another? And then a 45 degree fitting to orient the gauge?

Looks sharp.

P
AD Addict
Originally Posted by JW51
I’ve been wanting to do an engine bay pressure gauge, but was struggling with how to beat plumb it. Looks like you put one tee into another? And then a 45 degree fitting to orient the gauge?

Looks sharp.

The 45° tee makes it easier to read and thanks!

Last edited by Phak1; Fri Jun 24 2022 02:54 PM.

Phil

1952 Chevrolet 3100
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery

12v w/ Alternator
J
'Bolter
It’s a 45 degree tee? Or a tee plus a 45 degree fitting?

P
AD Addict
It’s a street tee with a 45° street elbow. But looking at it now, I can’t for the life of me figure why I didn’t just turn the fitting 45°. Brain fart maybe. dang

Attached Images
Last edited by Phak1; Fri Jun 24 2022 06:53 PM.

Phil

1952 Chevrolet 3100
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery

12v w/ Alternator
S
showme Offline OP
'Bolter
Thanks, Phil. I don't buy anything from HF unless A) it's an emergency and no where else is open, or B)it's something that's meant to be thrown away after use (nitrile gloves, rags, etc.) I always buy commercial/industrial grade tools if I can find them. As a retired Ironworker, I've always looked at my tools as investments that I'd like to keep and use for the rest of my life. Plus, in Ironworking, one failure of a tool can cost you your life. My wife use to get bothered when I'd spend $70 on a spud wrench or sleever bar, until I told her about a guy who was prying a beam into place with the wrong 'cheap' tool that broke. He fell off the iron and died. She's never questioned my higher quality tool purchases since then.

"When I rest, I rust"
1951 3100 5 window w/ '56 235

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop