The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
E V E N T Highlight

Southern
"STOVEBOLT"
Jamboree 2022
July 8 and 9
Lebanon TN

The Southern Bolters are planning their area get together in
conjunction with the
Southeast Truck Nationals at Cedars of Lebanon State Park (TN)

Check out the details, with new info on the Southern Bolters forum.

Plenty of other events in the Side Lot

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (EdPruss, Mike B, CrowbarBob, DaveV, 2 invisible), 98 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics127,986
Posts1,036,247
Members45,906
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1456153 Thu Jun 23 2022 06:04 PM
P
Peggy M Offline OP
'Bolter
I learned something big here.

Some folks post impressive images (screen shots). For me, having the image helps LOTS when getting instructions / info. I'm a better visual learner.

I asked in another forum [ "Follower User" - what does it mean? ]if there is a trick to get a screen shot? Got a lot of great answers .. and I DID IT! yahoo

And more than one way to skin a cat, as they say.

Hoping those who responded with move their posts here. (I'm not able to do it without them all coming from me.)

Last edited by Peggy M; Thu Jun 23 2022 06:15 PM.

Peggy M
The first five days after the weekend are the hardest.
Peggy M #1456159 Thu Jun 23 2022 06:24 PM
P
AD Addict
Peggy, I don’ t believe us ‘bolters can move our post. I do believe that is a function of the moderators.

Phil

1952 Chevrolet 3100
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery

‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters
“Three on the Tree” & 4:11 torque tube
12v w/ Alternator
Peggy M #1456172 Thu Jun 23 2022 07:24 PM
P
Peggy M Offline OP
'Bolter
Phil,

I could not do it. I even had to "copy and paste" from the old one.

My options as a Moderator / Admin, was to move the whole thread or merge the two. I wanted the original one to stay. Good info there, too.

grin

Peggy M
Peggy M #1456308 Fri Jun 24 2022 06:21 PM
P
Peggy M Offline OP
'Bolter
Okay ... doing it the hard way. At least it's in once place.

This tip is from klhansen
The trick to taking a screen shot is to use "print screen" then put that in Paint (comes with Windows) and crop out the stuff you don't want.
Alternately, Firefox has a "Take Screenshot" option by right clicking on the screen, then moving the box to what you want and click on Copy. Don't know if other browsers offer that feature.

From Phak1
You can do the same thing with an iPad. Take a screen shot which stores it in Photos, then crop out what you don’t want in the iPad Photo editor.

From baldeagle (a/k/a Stovebolt Geek / Paul Schmehl)
Windows Key + PrtScn: Windows 10 will take a screenshot and save it as a PNG file in the default Pictures folder in File Explorer.
Alt + PrtScn: This is a great option if you just want to take a shot of an individual window on your screen.

Note: Alt + PrtScn will only copy your shot to the Clipboard so you can paste it into a document or other image editor like Microsoft Paint. It doesn’t create a backup copy in the Pictures folder.

While this isn’t a keyboard shortcut, you might want to take a shot of a specific region of your screen. To do that, enter the Snipping Tool (an often-forgotten tool included since Vista and Windows 7).

To access it, hit the Windows Key and type: snipping tool and select the results from the top. Then select New from the menu and drag the cursor over the area of the screen you want to capture. The captured screenshot will appear in the full Snipping Tool program. It has basic editing tools and is a good option for a quick shot if you need one.

If anyone has anything else to add, feel free to post. Even questions.

thumbs_up

Peggy M
Peggy M #1456309 Fri Jun 24 2022 06:24 PM
P
Peggy M Offline OP
'Bolter
THIS IS WONDERFUL ... yahoo

I did the Firefox "Take Screen Shot." I only noticed that drop down when I right click that it was not a Open Link in New Window. Rarely do I use Save Page when on a website. So, this is great. So many uses for me.

I did use the option of Print Screen but had to open up PhotoShop (time consuming). I tried Paint a few times but I need to learn those tools a letter better. Even the PhotoShop is different than when I was using a lot.

I could not "paste" it here (which makes sense ... the image posting thing, right??) BUT, I could paste in an email. Paul will be very pleased. I've been sending him FULL print screen shots when showing him stuff.

So now .....

YaHOOO. SHAzamm.

Can't wait to blast John with a few screen shots now!! eeeek

Peggy M
Peggy M #1456310 Fri Jun 24 2022 06:30 PM
P
Peggy M Offline OP
'Bolter
New question about this. Where do you put your pictures then? With all your others? I have to figure out what's the most convenient and a spot where they will stay.

We have a Bolt Bucket (Photobucket), the server itself, or find another spot just for such stuff. OR a second Photobucket account for this stuff. We have so much stuff on Photobucket we are WAY OVER the limit and need to upgrade to amount. Requires some extra thinking ...

Peggy M

Moderated by  baldeagle 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop