The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Getting back to business
First round of holidays is about over. A few weeks before the next ones. For some of us...

Winter is Coming
Time to think about wintering your Bolt.
(continued)

A good Tech Tip
WINTERIZING YOUR TRUCK
including a link back to the Forums for some new thoughts.

Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
In the works
Nothing like an old truck calendar

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
4 members (2-Ton, Justhorsenround, Gray_Ghost, 1 invisible), 188 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,669
Posts1,046,519
Members46,401
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
'Bolter
This is the blinker control that I bought. I really like the look of it, so much history there.

Attached Images
allstate1.jpg (9.47 KB, 180 downloads)
Allstate Control
E
'Bolter
I have trained myself to turn off the turn signal after the turn is completed so I don’t have to worry about a wheel having traction.

ED

'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Originally Posted by EdPruss
I have trained myself to turn off the turn signal after the turn is completed so I don’t have to worry about a wheel having traction.

ED
I used to be trainable, but not so much anymore. grin

truckernix, that is a cool item. I'd install it. thumbs_up

Kevin
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
Busting rust since the mid-60's
S
'Bolter
Truckernix,
Seeing this post reminds me, my truck came with one of those!
I will have to dig it up. I do not remember if it had any cool All-State type logos on it. It was mounted on my steering column but it was not wired up.
-T

Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Here's a couple pix of the AutoLamp 9000 4-wire turn signal that I have.

Notice that the rubber wheel is pretty torn up. It looks like it would be very difficult to restore that rubber. I took a video of how the self-cancelling works, but can't post it here. If Anyone is interested, PM me and I can e-mail it.

Attached Images
IMG_5135.JPG (157.83 KB, 160 downloads)
IMG_5137.JPG (410.99 KB, 158 downloads)
IMG_5136.JPG (234.79 KB, 159 downloads)

Kevin
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
Busting rust since the mid-60's
S
'Bolter
Here is the one that came with my truck.
Marked "Guide 6004" looks like originally black but has green over- spray on it.
Wheel seems good. But I do not have turn signals on the truck so I can't test it per say.
-T

Attached Images
20220615_125157.jpg (172.39 KB, 152 downloads)
F
'Bolter
Wrenchbender The ones I have had cancelled pretty quick too,Guide works fine but you do forget it at times. I think the 55-2nd and newer can be put on older columns so you have self cancel.

'Bolter
I thought I was going to have to rig up a monitor bulb because I didn’t see a little jewel lens on it. It turns out that there is a bulb inside and the little sign is translucent. I took the switch apart to clean it up and get it working. I was successful but I had quite the time with the tiny parts and springs.

I am going to try and restore the wheel some but I may try and replace it, I was just in a hardware store and got an electrical socket with a big rubber outside cover. Part of it is almost an exact copy of the wheel rubber with a great feel to it.

'Bolter
I was able to cut the top of the rubber from this light socket and make a nice new wheel for my self cancelling signal control. Once I cut the piece off, it looked like it was made to order for the application.

Attached Images
IMG_6186.jpg (58.6 KB, 64 downloads)
'Bolter
So I now have one Allstate unit working correctly. I have installed it on my 38 Chev and I will put one on my truck when I get another one working correctly. It works so well that it gives the same experience as a built in unit. I wondered if that was actually possible and apparently it is.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop