The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Getting back to business
First round of holidays is about over. A few weeks before the next ones. For some of us...

Winter is Coming
Time to think about wintering your Bolt.
(continued)

A good Tech Tip
WINTERIZING YOUR TRUCK
including a link back to the Forums for some new thoughts.

Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
In the works
Nothing like an old truck calendar

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
14 members (Donf, Hotrod Lincoln, buoymaker, 32vsnake, 66flea, Guitplayer), 185 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,667
Posts1,046,512
Members46,401
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
I think I'm going to use this thread subject as the new title for the Stovebolt.com Moderators' Guide ...

John

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers

'49 Chevrolet 3804
'73 IH 1310 Dump
'14 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)

T
'Bolter
Ron video all clear downunder hadn’t heard from Denny for a while good getting a report

57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Denny Graham #1454864 Sun Jun 12 2022 02:57 AM
'Bolter
Good to see you again Denny even if it was only on a video.

Brian
1955.2 3100 Truck

The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!!
R
'Bolter
Welcome back, Denny!

Haven't sprayed for Creeping Charlie in quite a while. I should, because I've got a few patches this year. In the past, I've always just used 2-4-D. It usually took more than one application, but it did kill it.

Rich

'47 Loadmaster [stovebolt.com]

1947 Chev. Loadmaster

1959 Chev. Viking 40

Genie: "I am the genie from a magic lamp and I have the power to grant you three wishes."
Me: "I want to be rich."
Genie: "OK, Rich, what's your second wish?"
J
Workshop Owner
I'm not fond of chemicals. Theresa hires a guy to spray for weeds on about an acre and a half by our house. Another 2 acres or so just gets mowed every few weeks. The rest (5 1/2 acres total) is wooded. About the only weed killing I do is spraying the weeds that grow in the cracks of the driveway.

John

J Lucas

1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
1959 Chevy Apache 31 Fleetside
1959 Chevy Apache 32 Fleetside
1969 Chevy C-50 Grain Truck

My Flicker Photos! [flickr.com]

W
'Bolter
Tim, it is my computer. I have taken it two different places and they say nothing is wrong. ohwell

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
D
'Bolter
Nah Ron, ya'll got somethin wrong, no need to sign in, it's a public video.

Yeah Richard, it's a fun hobby, but a lonely one. Been following it for 6 years now
and there just tain't nothing going on around these parts of the Midwest. Have to
take a three day drive out to Salt Lake to get together with any one for an event.
Thank goodness I've got a Pasture like Martin so I've got a place to drive off my
frustration at the end of the day. Really well suited to a man who's a few days
away from 80. And......the bonus.....ya can build 'em for a few grand instead
of emptying the mattress on your build.
dg

'Bolter
Denny, almost time to start planning thebig celebration. Only 20 more!!

1937 Chevy Pickup [stovebolt.com]

1952 Chevy Panel [stovebolt.com]
1952 Chevy Panel [photos.app.goo.gl]

1950 Chevy Coupe
[photos.google.com]

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
D
'Bolter
That's what I was hoping to hear Rich. I just had a little bit of Charlie, only a few patches last year
and it's come up with a vengeance this year. Don't let it go to long, I do believe I have, and it's killed
off all the grass in it's path.

Good to hear that you're still kickin' Brian. I don't get out West much since the world came down with
the crud. But....if I do, I'll make sure and stop by the house and say hello.

Speaking of down under, We in the 'Cyclekart' hobby have a lot of mates down in Australia and NZ.
A couple of blokes from NZ even broke down their karts, packed them up and brought them to the
big meet here in Tieton, Washington. The guys here supplied them with a motor and wheels when
they unpacked.

John, my wife had True Green spray the front yard up by the house last year and I'm all for it again
this year. Not a weed to be seen there and the grass looks super. Best part is, he's doing it for less than
I can buy the chemicals for and I don't have to spend the day unclogging the sprayer boom.

Ah yes.....and then there's my old buddy Alvin. How ya doin kid???? Did you ever finish hacking the purdy
Chevy coupe apart? You know me, always been a purist when it comes to these old Chevy's.
Yep, 20 more to go. Thought I was havin' my heart attack last Thursday. Went to the ER at midnight with
severe chest pain but came home three hours later with every thing showin' I had the constitution of a
40 year old. Weren't happy with that diagnosis cuz, the next morning I felt the same. Different hospital,
different ER Friday morning and after X-rays, Cat scan, two EKG's, all the blood work.....they couldn't
find a thing wrong. So......I just went home, got a good nights sleep and went to work on the yard
Saturday.....and feel fine now......only I feel more like a 60 year old then that 40. So yeah....we're
still on for July 1, 2042.
Sorry for stealin' your thread Martin. Always did get carried away after drinkin' the strong coffee
they serve here in the Spoon.
Denny G
Sandwich, IL

John Milliman #1454953 Sun Jun 12 2022 09:36 PM
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Originally Posted by John Milliman
I think I'm going to use this thread subject as the new title for the Stovebolt.com Moderators' Guide ...

"Step one when herding cats......"

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop