The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Remember old days

Remember
The old Bulletin Board?

click to enter

The old Bulletin Board has been removed from the server. And with recent "spring" cleaning, we are removing links back to it. The BB is still out in cyber space (to some extent) thanks to
The Wayback Machine.
Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
5 members (SWEET, tk261, Phak1, J Lucas, Justhorsenround), 77 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,108
Posts1,037,361
Members45,936
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Fibonachu #1452365 Sun May 22 2022 12:13 AM
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
I use G**gle Chrome, and I seldom, if ever actually log off Stovebolt- - - -I just click on a different "favorites" website to go to a different forum. Regardless of how i switch forums, except logging off each time, the forum drops back into "active threads" whenever I return. It's no big deal, but stovebolt is the only one that does that, even with other sites that use UBB software. It's only been doing this for about a week, so there must have been sone sort of software change on the forum, not my individual computer.
Jerry

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Kris Kristofferson

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
Fibonachu #1452368 Sun May 22 2022 12:46 AM
W
'Bolter
Mine was doing the same thing Jerry, except it was opening in the "Portal" whatever that is. I deleted the bookmark in my favorites folder and saved a new bookmark to replace it.

Steve

Gord&Fran #1452369 Sun May 22 2022 01:00 AM
Red dot, center of chest ...
Originally Posted by Gord&Fran
I haven't seen this problem. If you want, you could try setting the forum up like I have it.

In my preferences, I chose "follow lists" for "default starting view" and "followed forums" for "default tab". I then edited the list of forums that I follow removing the ticks next to the ones that don't interest me.
This is the way to do it.

I made that change. If it's really that unpopular, I can always disable it. Peggy asked me what happened to the feature that shows you the hottest threads, so I enable it. (I am NOT throwing Peggy under the bus. I made that decision on my own without consulting her.)

Paul Schmehl CI 6
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek
Fibonachu #1452383 Sun May 22 2022 02:38 AM
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Just one opinion, but IMHO the new format inhales vigorously. I can live with it if other people like it.
Jerry

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Kris Kristofferson

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
Fibonachu #1452385 Sun May 22 2022 02:46 AM
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
There's no need to use that"Active Threads" page, which shows the first post in a threads with the newest posts. Just set up a shortcut to either the forum listing: Link or like I use, the "Active Threads" from the header on the forum list, which shows the latest posts in threads that have recent posts: Link. The downside of the latter is it doesn't include any Greasy Spoon posts, but you can go back to the forum listing and scroll down to that forum.

Kevin
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
Busting rust since the mid-60's
Fibonachu #1452445 Sun May 22 2022 08:52 PM
P
'Bolter
Oh dear ... dang

I guess I wasn't very clear with Paul with the "active threads." I meant threads that were "hot" so to speak. Not the link at the top of the page.

I thought something was wrong. Then just wondered if I remembered it wrong.

I definitely prefer this version of "Active Topics." That's the first place I go after I'd done my usual checks on threads I had been involved in.

I had a hard time following the discussion here ... until I saw my name. ohwell

cry

And I'll find a place to note that pictures can not be posted in the Spoon. laalaa

I tried to fix something late yesterday and I make a plumb mess. Took me a minute to cut and paste the old corner stuff. Hopefully, not too many were stunned by it. I'll try again when I have enough time to do enough guess and check.

Cheers.
Peg

Peggy M
The first five days after the weekend are the hardest.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  baldeagle 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop