The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Remember old days

Remember
The old Bulletin Board?

click to enter

The old Bulletin Board has been removed from the server. And with recent "spring" cleaning, we are removing links back to it. The BB is still out in cyber space (to some extent) thanks to
The Wayback Machine.
Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
14 members (Daves46pu, 6571, 3B, 66flea, Curt B., Biggin69, 1 invisible), 108 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,095
Posts1,037,203
Members45,931
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Insomniac
Most of the "proportioning valves" I see advertised are more properly called combination valves as they have metering valve, proportioning valve and failure warning switch all in one unit. I assume that's what you have.

I don't have any additional RPVs in my setup. I have Camaro front disc brakes, Camaro rear drum brakes, Camaro combination valve and Camaro master cylinder. So it's all matched like GM designed and the brakes work great. (note that I have a 1/2 ton)

I see people on this forum adding RPVs. I assume that they have to do this because they are not using matched components and the rear brakes are not doing their share of the work.

You will have to do some testing.

Gord
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
D
'Bolter
When I did the researching for what was needed there were a lot of discrepancies as to what the proportioning valve actually does. I contacted Master Power Brakes and they said that even with a proportioning valve I will still need the residual valves due to the MC being installed under the floor. Everything works good.

G
Insomniac
The MC on my truck is mounted below the floor, but it's still above the calipers as the suspension is stock leaf spring and straight axle. The MC has a built in RPV for the rear brakes. That's why I don't need additional RPVs.

Gord
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
T
TKM Offline OP
'Bolter
Thanks guys ! I appreciate your feedback — going to call CPP tech line and see what they say. Question, why would it matter that the MC is above or below the calipers?

G
Insomniac

Gord
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
T
TKM Offline OP
'Bolter
Got it — thanks insomniac !

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop