The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Remember old days

Remember
The old Bulletin Board?

click to enter

The old Bulletin Board has been removed from the server. And with recent "spring" cleaning, we are removing links back to it. The BB is still out in cyber space (to some extent) thanks to
The Wayback Machine.
Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
11 members (EdPruss, 59 fleet, 68ironhead, DougH6100, Chris's 46 / 515, 32vsnake, 1 invisible), 86 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,110
Posts1,037,369
Members45,936
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Billy, Just because we've never not invited him yet, doesn't mean that at some point in the endless stretch of time that comprises "Never" that we, for whatever reason (and the number of those reasons could be infinite, as well -- keeping in mind that "None" is as scary big a concept as "all") might not come up with a reason.

Does "Never" also cover alternative universes and realities, of which there are possibly an infinite number? Who's to say that in some other reality (covered by the all-inclusive specificity of "Never") we have not already not invited Victor?? Maybe in some other reality, he is evil. Or we haven't met him yet. Or he got into stamp collecting instead of old trucks.

And don't wag your fickle finger of condemnation at me -- YOU started it, mr. Moderator!

Harrumph!

John
Cisgendered heteronormative aggressor perpetrating problematic toxic ideas of Chevrolet normativity smile

'49 Chevrolet 3804

ODSS President
All y'all,

Mikey, thanks so much for the invite to what is shaping up to be a memorable event! Regretfully, I won't be making it, I committed to an event on the same weekend a year ago.

I've been doing well and staying busy.
Over the past couple years I have rebuilt my rear axle and thus completed the Bendix brakes to all four corners conversion, added a dual brake master cylinder, re sleeved the pedal assembly, plumbed the brakes with copper/nickel tubing, rebuilt the front and rear leaf springs with EZ glide liners.
This past Winter I completed the truck bed with Brazilian Ipe, repurposed from a deck, the job really came out incredible. I helped Tim Welsh (by mostly staying out of his way) while he expertly milled the boards. Grigg generously provided a Tung oil/Citrus blend of finish that was extremely user friendly and provided a delicious scent in my little garage.
Last winter I rebuilt an overdrive I had for Hambone and three of us, Hambone, Grigg and I installed it last Fall. Hambone reports that the transmission is working like a Swiss watch.
Early this Spring helped Grigg prep wheels for Billy Marlow. They came out beautiful after powder coating.
I'm working with Grigg on his Timber Frame Carts and all sorts of projects too numerous to mention, for ourselves and others.
Next project I'm working on is getting my 261 prepped for installation. I have to honor all the great work and generosity of DJ and Pop and of course amazing machining work by Master Machinist Grigg (he officiated the marriage of Mr. Clifford Intake to Ms. Fenton Exhaust). Besides, the 261 is long overdue.

Happy trails, all the best to you and yours!

Cosmo

Cosmo

"...my good horse Rocinante ('49 Chevy Half Ton), mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes

"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer

J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Sorry to hear that, Cosmo -- we'll miss having you there.

John
Cisgendered heteronormative aggressor perpetrating problematic toxic ideas of Chevrolet normativity smile

'49 Chevrolet 3804

'Bolter
Cosmo,
You will be missed for sure, Mr. president, It’s always an honor to be in your presence!
But then, with todays technology, we all can do a Zoom call. It will be just like your there!
Jim

Jim Schmidt.
Bucks County, Pa.
1953, 3804
Pix in Photobucket [s854.photobucket.com]
V
VEW Offline
'Bolter
Cosmo, you’ve been extremely productive and I look forward to seeing it.

John, I think we all know by now that realities are real to the extent they are embraced by the believer. Consequently, Billy’s “never” is likely not the “nevers” you referred to.

AND, maybe you should consider not smoking that stuff for a while…..or smoke more of it…..depending on your reality.

With love in my heart ❤️

Victor

Victor

41 3/4 Ton Pick Up (in process)
55 Grumman Kurbside (Doughboy) 235/3 on tree w/ OD
57 3100 - gone
58 C4400 Viking (Thor)
59 C4500 Short Bus (Magic Bus)
59 G3800 1 Ton Dually (Chief)

M
'Bolter
Cosmo, you are truly going to be missed. I hope that we will all be together again in the near future. Thank you for chiming in and addressing the masses. I hope all is well and glad that the Presidential Limo will live to see several more days. John, WTHeck????

J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Mike .... Victor will explain it to you... But to put it more simply -- All that I'm purporting to provide are probability connections between subsequent impressions of the consciousness, and even though the dividing line between an observer, whose consciousness is being affected, and the observed physical object can be shifted towards the one or the other to a considerable degree, it cannot be eliminated. Yes?

Victor -- Thanks. That's probably the best advice I've received in a LONG time ... smile In my case, though, the reality I perceive myself to be in at any particular point in time more or less depends on Schrödinger's cat and the unique and particular relativistic modality that the cat induces as sort of a lensing effect affecting one's perception of of time's spectrum and our individual placement therein. But as with Hereclitus the Obscure, one never steps in the same stream twice so one can never be sure. I think ...

Peace love out

I'm puttingthe Wigner down and going back to Winnie the Pooh ...

John

'49 Chevrolet 3804

M
'Bolter
John, you never fail to amaze me. I'm baffled. We have to have a discussion at Saturday nights gathering at the fire ring. dang

Last edited by Mike Roache; Mon May 02 2022 12:13 AM.
'Bolter
Wordsmith's! dang
I’m with you Mike! ohwell
Jim

Jim Schmidt.
Bucks County, Pa.
1953, 3804
Pix in Photobucket [s854.photobucket.com]
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Mike/Jim -- I wanted to make a joke about quantum physics, but I wasn't sure if I should.

So I did and didn't.

WAAAAAA hahahahahaha!!!
nanner

John

'49 Chevrolet 3804

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  amtrakjoe, Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop