The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Remember old days

Remember
The old Bulletin Board?

click to enter

The old Bulletin Board has been removed from the server. And with recent "spring" cleaning, we are removing links back to it. The BB is still out in cyber space (to some extent) thanks to
The Wayback Machine.
Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
17 members (58caddy, 59 fleet, Donsz, 35truck, coilover, 1 invisible), 93 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,108
Posts1,037,362
Members45,936
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
'Bolter
A good friend is building a beautiful ‘46 half ton. He’s shipping the gas tank out to the rear frame; and keeping the sheet metal surround that used to house the gas tank. He wants to build a platform on it and have storage inside. Has anyone done that and found a set of bucket seats that work well with the cab dimensions? Thanks for any ideas.

J
'Bolter
Hi there, your plans sound good, I have the same truck and have also used a wooden platform bolted to the tank surround. Seats are 60-40 split bench from a Ford Ranger from late 80s, fits like a glove and seat back flip forward to access the space back of seat. I swapped out the under seat tank for a later Chev truck one attached to passenger side frame rail. However I later put back the stock tank, leaving the filler neck which I had to flatten a bit so the seat fit nicely on the wooden platform. Today there must be an unlimited amount of seats that would fit.
Best of luck
Also, take a look at my pics and check out this Ford seat, has served me well.

Check out this underseat storage set up that Deve has done. http://devestechnet.com/Home/SeatDrawers

Last edited by JiMerit Boltr#43; Thu Apr 07 2022 04:30 PM.

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!
1946 1/2-Ton Chevy [stovebolt.com]
1953 Chevy 3/4-ton Factory Stakebed [stovebolt.com]
W
'Bolter
On my 54 I used 2001 Buick Lesabre seats for the built-in shoulder belts. Other Gm cars of the era use them in different configurations. Some with console and some without.Pictures I hope. [duckduckgo.com]

Last edited by WE b OLD; Thu Apr 07 2022 10:10 PM.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket

Moderated by  ndkid275 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop