The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Remember old days

Remember
The old Bulletin Board?

click to enter

The old Bulletin Board has been removed from the server. And with recent "spring" cleaning, we are removing links back to it. The BB is still out in cyber space (to some extent) thanks to
The Wayback Machine.
Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (Gdads51, 55shaker, Bill Ryle, D B Cooper, 68ironhead, EchoBravoSierra), 100 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,110
Posts1,037,373
Members45,936
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
'Bolter
47th Annual Decatur Swap Meet

February 25-27, 2022

Sponsored by the Wise County Antique Auto Club

Check us out on Facebook

NOT AFFILIATED WITH SOUTHWEST Swap Meet
The Wise County Antique Auto Club will be following the guidelines set by the State of Texas for the coronavirus during the Decatur Swap Meet. Face Mask and 6ft distancing will be required
Due to the State Coronavirus Restrictions The Bean and Cornbread Supper has been canceled.

The Decatur Swap Meet is the first major automotive Swap Meet of the season in the south central United States. It is the meet our shoppers look for to kick off the new season of restorations, repairs, car show, and tours. Vendors from as far away as Minnesota take part in the meet year after year.

The last several years had 3,000+ vendor spaces sold.
80% of the vendor's items must be auto-related.

FREE Admission to Swap Meet

Parking available at the North and South of Swap Meet for a MINIMAL FEE

Hours:8am-6pm

Rain or Shine

Advertised Nationally

Old Style Meet

NO DRIVE TIME on Saturday from 10am to 3pm

Wise County Fair Grounds
3101 S. FM 51
Decatur, TX 76234

Chuck
1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (all original)
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod)
1941 Chevy coupe
1938 Chevy coupe streetrod
B
'Bolter
Haven't been in a few years now, but it's worth the drive. Some unique cars and parts, and they price to sell ! Mike

S
'Bolter
I always saw the ads for this Swap Meet but always ignored it. About 8 years ago I was bored and decided to drive up from San Antonio and check it out. I was hooked and haven’t missed since then. It’s really big!

Chuck
1941 Chevy coupe
B
'Bolter
never know what will show up in Decatur. Once there was a '49 Canopy Express, very nice Original condition running and driveing 11,000 . I found speaker trim, vent window assemblies, valve covers etc all very cheap !

S
'Bolter
I met a man from Oklahoma selling mainly AD parts off his 55 1st. I bought a set if tailgate chains for $5, and a couple of stomp starter shafts w/ buttons for $2. Then he gave me a box of freebies that included a dome light housing, a 235 dipstick, one odd tailgate chain, a brake pedal pad, a tail light lens, an NOS wheel cylinder rebuild kit, a window channel, an original firewall fuse box, a nice metal points file, 2 hub grease caps, and a defroster vent. I also bought a really nice original 235 valve cover from another guy for $10. It never got above 34 degrees the whole day, but the wind died down and it was actually really nice outside. It really didn’t feel too cold at all. I’m looking forward to the New Braunfels and Pate swap meets now.

Chuck
1941 Chevy coupe
B
'Bolter
Sound like you made out like a bandit ! I've gotten some deals there before, like AD vent window complete assemblies for about $10, and $5 235 valve cover... the good ole boys come to sell and BS !! Have seen some unusual things, 1920's Durant Star, found a brass Maxwell hub cover, 3 Tokheim round clock face dials and the list goes on.. Happy hunting my friend , Mike. Ohh, then there was a '49 Canopy Express, all original, all there for about 10K !

Last edited by bluedot38; Mon Feb 28 2022 01:56 AM.
E
'Bolter
My friend and I were tentatively planning on going up from Houston. Neither of us has been to Decatur for the swap. Ultimately the weather persuaded us to spend time getting things set up at the new place he just moved to. Maybe next time.

B
'Bolter
the Pate Swap Meet should be in the end of April, at Texas Motor Speedway

E
'Bolter
We will be at Pate.

Moderated by  ndkid275 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop