The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Whatcha doing now?
What did you get done on your Bolt today? - 2021 and later
The original thread is still in tact and we have 14 pages already for this time frame. A "mini-Project Journal" if you will.

Stovebolt driving report
Started by Cletis in 2012 - 36 pages and going strong!

Who uses their truck as a truck - 2021 and later

Re-started this thread. Three pages and counting.

Bolters in the Side Lot
are planning get togethers and what not. See who's near you.

Stay busy; keep warm!
Share your enthusiam.
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
2023 Old Truck Calendars
First one
Nothing like old trucks working

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
12 members (Gdads51, EdPruss, DennisM, 3 invisible), 201 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,331
Posts1,054,143
Members46,614
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Thanks Pal...........IF it's Gerry's it's swiss cheese

In this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well......

A link to a few photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rwnBAvAWFckJTErs2

1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"

Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Billy - I kind of remember you had one. Never knew you had a condensation problem. It's all about psychrometrics. IF the surface temperature of anything is below the dewpoint of the air that surrounds it - bam - condensation. Someone mentioned a dehumidifier which does the moisture removal by passing the air over a coil and wringing out the moisture as the coil is below dew point. They work well.

I like the idea of finding an old travel trailer or enclosed trailer that may not be road worthy, but worthy enough to winch onto my gooseneck. I have been watching construction jobs come to an end around here and asked the supervisors what are the plans for the small office trailers ? They tell me most of them are leased and go back to the owners.

My gem is out there. I just need to be at the right time / right place.

In this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well......

A link to a few photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rwnBAvAWFckJTErs2

1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"

J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Joe -- You need to go to more equipment auctions. You may be on a better plan with an old office trailer rather than a sea container, anyway. Even the twenty footers are really heavy. If you remember the Landoll trailer I had at Winchester? Did you notice the big Braden winch on it? That trailer was specifically set up for moving sea containers (20-footers as well as 40 footers). They are not trivial, even when empty, and require a hefty winch (and cable!).

What about an enclosed car hauler trailer? Even new, they are not horrifically expensive (by the time you get done writing cheques, it's probably close to a wash between a sea container, winch and whatever else you need, and just getting a new enclosed trailer). Putting a Maine tag on it is pretty reasonable, too.

And I can corroborate Brother Marlow's condensation claims. I had issues in my container, too (and mine even had a hole in the door caused by someone stabbing it with a forklift). I just left the door ajar and the problem went away.

John

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers

'49 Chevrolet 3804
'73 IH 1310 Dump
'14 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop