The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Keep your restoration going

Keeping your resto going

A good bit of advice nestled in the FAQ page.
Don't

Irwin Arnstein working on his
1959 Chevy 1-Ton

Read the article.

Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (Mike B, Squished, tclederman, Peggy M, NJC, 1 invisible), 91 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,526
Posts1,041,270
Members46,037
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1442273 Wed Feb 23 2022 03:04 AM
P
Moderated
I'm looking for a sioux rocker arm grinding attachment. I believe the p/n is 672-a
Any possible leads to who may have one.

Last edited by MNSmith; Wed Feb 23 2022 03:52 AM. Reason: Wanted ads need to be in the correct forum.
Planenut #1442281 Wed Feb 23 2022 03:51 AM
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Danny, Welcome to the Stovebolt. If you haven't already, feel free to go to the Welcome Forum and introduce yourself. Tell us a little bit about your projects there.

Please place any wanted ads in the proper Swap Meet Forum.

Planenut #1442290 Wed Feb 23 2022 04:37 AM
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
This one is currently on Ebay. If you don't want it at the asking price, I will buy it for myself.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185295208722?hash=item2b24748112:g:8OwAAOSwLy9iCmEZ

Edit: I just bought the fixture to keep it from getting sniped by someone else. If you still want it, contact me. You can either respond to this thread, or make a couple more posts and you will have access to the Private Message function of the forum. That's the little envelope shaped icon at the top of each page.
Jerry

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Kris Kristofferson

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.
Ernest Hemingway

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
P
Moderated
Hi Jerry
I seen the rocker arm adapter that you suggested on ebay. I have one like that already, but its the wrong one for my grinder.
It needs to be the 672-a adapter
Very little info remaining on these old tools.

Planenut #1442535 Thu Feb 24 2022 06:37 PM
H
I can make that fixture work on any valve grinder. Most other machinists can, also. Mine is a Black & Decker.
Jerry

Kris Kristofferson

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.
Ernest Hemingway

Planenut #1442593 Fri Feb 25 2022 01:08 AM
P
Moderated
I dont see how its possible on this sioux grinder, I have a 655 sioux. And the only info i can find for this grinder and its rocker arm attachment is listed as the 672-a.
I too thought i could just modify it easily. I tried every combination of available holes or grooves to mount it in, none of them got me anywhere near the side of the stone
and into position to swing the arc of the rocker arm tips. I even removed the mechanism for grinding the valve tips. That mechanism has a larger shaft that it pivots on, i bored the hole in my
672-2 adapter thinking it would fit. Still no luck!
If you look at a picture of the 672-a compared to the 672-2, they are quite different.
I would need to see a picture you would do it!

Planenut #1442683 Fri Feb 25 2022 07:51 PM
H
I'm pretty sure a bracket can be fabricated to mount the fixture in the proper position in relation to the grinding wheel. If the existing holes don't work, use them to attach an adapter to position the rocker arm fixture in the right relationship to the grinder.
Jerry

Kris Kristofferson

Ernest Hemingway

Planenut #1442690 Fri Feb 25 2022 09:30 PM
P
Moderated
Still looking for a sioux 672-a rocker arm grinding attachment!

Moderated by  John Milliman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop