The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
2023 ... plans, plans, plans

Holidays are over

Hunkering down for winter ... how about your truck?
Winter storage.

Doing some truck maintenance?
The Shops Area may be useful.

Eager to plans some trips?
See what's shaking near you in The Side Lot.

How about your computer?
Plenty of help in the IT Shortbus.

Be of good cheer!
The days are getting longer.
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
2023 Old Truck Calendars
First one
Nothing like old trucks working

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
10 members (50shep, King Kielbasa, MNSmith, 46 Chevy truck, klhansen, 1 invisible), 149 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,266
Posts1,053,225
Members46,580
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1441768 Sat Feb 19 2022 10:36 AM
W
'Bolter
Dear Prime Member,

Thank you for being a valued member of Amazon Prime. We are writing to you about an upcoming change to your membership.

As of February 18, 2022, the price of the monthly Prime membership has increased from $12.99 to $14.99, and the price of the annual Prime membership has increased from $119 to $139. The new prices, plus applicable taxes, will apply after March 25, 2022, on the date of your next renewal.

We continue to invest in making Prime even more valuable for members. Since the last price change in 2018, we have added more product selection available with fast, free, unlimited Prime shipping, and we expanded Free Same-Day Delivery from 48 to more than 90 U.S. metropolitan areas. In addition, Prime Video has tripled the number of Amazon Original series and movies; and this September, Prime Video will release the highly anticipated The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power and become the exclusive home of NFL’s Thursday Night Football. This is all on top of billions of dollars in Prime Day savings over the years; the addition of new program benefits like prescription savings and fast, free delivery from Amazon Pharmacy; and the continued expansion of Amazon Music for Prime members, Prime Reading, and Prime Gaming.

No further action is required. You may manage your Prime membership anytime by visiting Your Account.

Sincerely,
Your Amazon Prime Team
ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!! ohwell
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Amazon.com
facebook thatanti-Americansocialmediasite pinterest instagram

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery [stovebolt.com]
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix [photos.google.com]
J
Workshop Owner
We live in a world where everyone wants a monthly stipend. It's the same thing with accounting and cad software. At one time software was just purchased, now they want to permanently lock you in to paying monthly subscription fees. Car wash owners no longer want to rely on their business increasing when cars are dirty, they want to sell unlimited car washes for a monthly fee. I imagine it's a good deal for some, but not the most of us. Don't forget about the charities. They are no longer looking just for donations, now they want you to send a certain amount every month.

I read that one day cars may no longer be sold, but only leased from the manufacturers. Where will it end? I'm still contemplating keeping my cable TV service.

John

J Lucas

1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
1959 Chevy Apache 31 Fleetside
1959 Chevy Apache 32 Fleetside
1969 Chevy C-50 Grain Truck

My Flicker Photos! [flickr.com]

M
'Bolter
I agree, the objective in my mind is to have zero payments. I'm surprised that a guy with your mind set would pay a cable company to run a cable of excrement into your house. I have an antenna, free and is only limited to ten channels of garbage.
Prime, why would you pay for that foolishness............ I still get free shipping.

Last edited by msmall; Sat Feb 19 2022 05:37 PM.
W
'Bolter
Well, without the cable I would not have access to this site and a couple more that I want to watch on my TV. I guess as far as prime I am allowed at least one FOOLISH act, thank you.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
J
Workshop Owner
Our cable connection is a TV, internet and phone bundle. I have my shows that I like to watch a few nights a week and my wife has even more. We have been considering dropping our landline. The only reason we've kept it this long is I don't like giving out our cel numbers to everyone.

John

J Lucas

1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
1959 Chevy Apache 31 Fleetside
1959 Chevy Apache 32 Fleetside
1969 Chevy C-50 Grain Truck

My Flicker Photos! [flickr.com]

T
Ex Hall Monitor
I'm surprised at the number of businesses locally that go with a cell phone only. Maybe I'm old fashioned but the phone book is how I find businesses I need to call.

Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
R
'Bolter
I keep getting calls and emails that say my Amazon Prime account needs to be renewed or it will be cancelled. I don't have an Amazon Prime acccount so the joke's on them.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.
W
'Bolter
We barely get a phone book and it is mostly a business directory. I have prime but last night I could not play any movies last night and I rarely do.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
D
'Bolter
I ran into a similar situation (continuing revenue stream) with Car & Driver magazine. I selected a subscription for one year and paid by check (i don't use a credit card, often they automatically bill you for continuing service). When my subscription ran out I started getting what I consider insulting demands for payment to renew:
- They imply I have not paid an invoice that is my responsibility, and that makes me a bad person. Yet other magazines I subscribe
to are polite, thank me for my prior subscription, and invite me to please continue with them.
- The cleverly worded emails use the same tactics as scam artists do, just less covertly, that I owe something and
negative consequences will result if I don't pay for a new subscription
- Considering the wording of their emails, I also believe part of their strategy is to prey upon the elderly who may
easily be confused about what is really going on here.

The emails are actually from the Hearst company that manages a number of periodicals (including Road & Track). While I marginally like the magazines, I think they are a far cry from the quality they used to be and I will not renew based on the demeaning emails demanding "Past Due Invoice Payment Required").

After more careful examination (reading the fine - fine print), if you initially subscribe, they automatically put you in a "continued subscription" mode. You can not opt opt of this scheme, hence the "demands" for payment. There are plenty of periodicals that are of quality and are respectful when requesting the next year(s)' subscription. My business goes to those that provide a quality product and good customer service.

If this is a bit off-topic, please delete.
don

Last edited by Donsz; Sun Feb 20 2022 11:43 PM.
W
'Bolter
I get the flying magazine and I got a notice that renewal is due so I sent it, BTW I am one of those old people, not long after I get a BOOK from them that I did not knowingly order. ohwell

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop