The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Thinking again ...
We are still asking:
What did you
get done on
your Bolt today
????

The question, initially posted May 23, 2005, was:
"Whatcha do on your Bolt
this weekend?"

After 51,906,997 views, 7378 replies over 185 pages, this thread in General Truck Talk is a happening! And it's not just weekends anymore.

Now with pictures
and No BOTS.

So ...

What did you get done on your Bolt today????

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
6 members (NJC, 78buckshot, rgie, DougH6100, Paul_WNC, 1 invisible), 62 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,583
Posts1,032,706
Members45,812
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Big Brother Is Warching.
#1438412 Sun Jan 23 2022 03:42 PM
W
'Bolter
I got an email this morning about free Sirius XM radio, free for 3 months. Click here for eligibility, They wanted among other things the VIN number of the car. Of course, I have that memorized. NOT! Then they asked for my plate number if I did not have the vin. My plate is a vanity plate. This means that they have access to the BMV of Indiana to look it up. nono

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Re: Big Brother Is Warching.
WE b OLD #1438422 Sun Jan 23 2022 04:42 PM
M
'Bolter
Ron, privacy is a thing of the past. At various times I've been on the very front end of pipeline projects. Doing the initial routing and then running the land crews that research ownership of the property we want to cross and then buy the right-or-way. With the tools available (pay sites not the free sites many are familiar with) it usually takes less than a minute to determine who owns a tract, where they live and work and how much they make as well as phone numbers and email. There was a time in the not distant past, a trip to the court house was required to access tax records and deeds. Now a lot of that information is digitized and only a few clicks away.

The above said, I was surprised a very few years ago when researching a used vehicle, CarFax could provide information with either a vin, or the vehicles licence number.

RonR

1951 3600 with Clark flatbed, T5, 4.10 rear
1970 340 Duster
1990 5.0 V8 Miata (1990 Mustang Gt Drivetrain)
1951 Farmall Super A

WE b OLD #1438440 Sun Jan 23 2022 05:33 PM
F
'Bolter
You do realize that vehicle registrations are public records, right? Just like property ownership?

58 Apache, long bed fleetside, V8 w/SM420
Drivable but the rear axle needs work.
WE b OLD #1438445 Sun Jan 23 2022 05:56 PM
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
I got a phone call a few days ago from some yankee-sounding dude with a phone number from a Florida area code on my caller ID. "We're interested in buying your property in Giles County Tennessee- - - -would you consider selling it?" I've had several mail inquiries about the same parcel, but this was the first phone call. What none of the dummies have ever been able to figure out is that those 20 acres are landlocked with no road access. The other 70 acres where all the roads run is in another county. "Yes, I'd be willing to sell it". "Do you have a price in mind?" "Two million!" End of conversation!
LOL!
Jerry

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Kris Kristofferson

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
WE b OLD #1438449 Sun Jan 23 2022 06:40 PM
W
'Bolter
An hour ago I looked up Byrna co2 pistol, just 15 minutes ago it showed up on my Facebook page. I got the pistol name from one of my gun magazine subscriptions. One other thing that bothers me is switching a request from a less intrusive, last 3 digits of my social to the full one. One of my credit cards was locked up because I tried to pay too much. So they said to log in with the last 4 digits but when the page opened it they wanted the complete number and my birthdate. They have all that I have had this card since 1978. When I made the payment I did not know I had a return credit pending, then it said I had until 5 pm to correct it and it was 8 pm when I went back to check if the payment went through. ohwell BTW I called the mechanical person and they say it is now fixed. Does anyone try to have a regular conversion with one of those or answer with a complete sentence? I do and feel foolish when I do.

Last edited by WE b OLD; Mon Jan 24 2022 12:44 AM.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
WE b OLD #1438524 Mon Jan 24 2022 02:16 AM
H
Big Brother is just a figment of the imagination of gullible people who sort of resemble a herd of sheep. That sneaky Mr. Charrington is the one to worry about!
Jerry

Kris Kristofferson

WE b OLD #1438543 Mon Jan 24 2022 10:59 AM
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Nice reference, Jerry! How very literate of you!

John
Cisgendered heteronormative aggressor perpetrating problematic toxic ideas of Chevrolet normativity smile

'49 Chevrolet 3804

John Milliman #1438579 Mon Jan 24 2022 05:09 PM
H
Originally Posted by John Milliman
Nice reference, Jerry! How very literate of you!

Also watch out for Napoleon, and his buddy Moses! Charrington is rumored to have a new job now, something to do with internet chat rooms!

Jerry

Kris Kristofferson

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop