The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Positive thinking ...
We are still asking:
What did you
get done on
your Bolt today
????

The question, initially posted May 23, 2005, was:
"Whatcha do on your Bolt
this weekend?"

After 51,906,997 views, 7378 replies over 185 pages, this thread in General Truck Talk is a happening! And it's not just weekends anymore.

Now with pictures
and No BOTS.

So ...

What did you get done on your Bolt today????

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (moparguy, marzach, Jerry M., Leo, LexAdmn, 1 invisible), 79 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,506
Posts1,032,018
Members45,793
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mouth wrote a check
#1437518 Sun Jan 16 2022 06:17 PM
C
'Bolter
Younger small guy that is a wiring whiz said he would knock out a 53 3100 (12v, alternator conversion) new wire harness in one day so I had to up the ante to double his salary for half a day. Truck comes in next week and he has a 10 circuit harness, bulbs, seal beams, pre-made alternator bracket, fender terminal blocks, and even the loom to inner fender and frame clamps all laid out on the big table. Truck remains one tail light and no turn signals so I think he saw a mark in the making. We agreed fishing the dome light wire up through the pillar would be time exempt. As Flip Wilson said, "Don't let your mouth write a check your body can't cash".

Evan
Re: Mouth wrote a check
coilover #1437523 Sun Jan 16 2022 06:59 PM
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
A smarter monkey would've pulled a fish wire in with the old wire during disassembly. Or, left the old wire as a fish. The fastest way is to send the fish up from the bottom as fishing from the top ends up at the traffic jamb that is the lower windshield joint on the 3100 series. But, I'll never admit to having experience with any of this stuff.

coilover #1437576 Mon Jan 17 2022 03:44 AM
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
I use a retired speedometer cable to find its way up through an A pillar. It works a lot better than other methods I've tried.
Jerry

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Kris Kristofferson

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
coilover #1437580 Mon Jan 17 2022 04:12 AM
G
'Bolter
Cletis (Rest his soul) used to describe a method they used fishing lines on aircraft where they poked a string in the starting point and hit it with an air line. He said it worked amazingly well.

coilover #1437589 Mon Jan 17 2022 06:21 AM
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
A cotton ball tied to the end of a string blown thru an electrical conduit has been used for years. Once the string comes out, tie a heavier cord on the string and pull that thru, etc. as needed. Then the wire (or wires) get pulled thru.

Kevin
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
Busting rust since the mid-60's
coilover #1437623 Mon Jan 17 2022 04:03 PM
C
'Bolter
A case of where the owner done us a "favor" by removing every inch of the original harness, so some fishing time is necessary.

Evan

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop