The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
What's going on?
What's happening?

Find out in
THE SHOPS !

Genearl Truck Talk
20,267 threads; 177,521 posts
The Engine Shop
32,460 threads; 255,065 post
Driveline
8,796 threads; 65,970 posts
The Electrical Bay
9,505 threads; 74,285 posts
Sub: The Radio Bench
The HiPo Shop
5,040 threads; 46,029 posts
Paint & Body Shop
12,505 threads; 81,120 posts
Sub: The Doors
Interiors
4,059 threads; 26,817 posts
The Tool Chest
1,762 threads; 26,817 posts
Making a Stovebolt Bed
1,052 threads; 6,659 posts
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
1 members (Fox), 92 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,567
Posts1,041,570
Members46,048
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
CShepard #1436863 Tue Jan 11 2022 12:49 AM
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
JEGS and Auto Zone still list the CCS-1 as "available". I was able to put one in the "shopping Cart" at JEGS, for $169.00 plus shipping. I cancelled the order since that's a very high price for that cam. Auto Zone wouldn't accept my online order, so I don't know what the situation is there. Several other vendors list both cams as "out of stock". Sometimes that means a limited number of cams are produced once a year, and the current supply has been sold out. I've got a few wholesale sources I can contact tomorrow to get the straight skinny on whether they're still being produced. I have one CCS-1 stockpiled- - - -if they are actually being discontinued, I'm going to grab a few more before the supply dries up!
Jerry

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Kris Kristofferson

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.
Ernest Hemingway

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
CShepard #1436873 Tue Jan 11 2022 02:44 AM
D
'Bolter
My cam grinder tells me there is a shortage of cam blanks, not just for the 235/261, but also the second generation motors. A quick look at the 12bolt.com website seems to confirm this as they are having trouble getting some of their cams back in stock.

Mike
CShepard #1436943 Tue Jan 11 2022 09:46 PM
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
OK- - - -straight from the source- - - -I called Elgin and a very nice lady in their customer service department told me the E-293S cam IS NOT discontinued- - - -however their cores for that cam are on backorder, and they do not have a projected date at the moment when they will be back into production. A call to Melling customer service got a "we're closed right now- - -please call back" recording but a part number search of their website lists the CCS-1 as "available to order". It looks like we don't have to panic just yet!
Jerry

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Kris Kristofferson

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.
Ernest Hemingway

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop