The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Keep your restoration going

Keeping your resto going

A good bit of advice nestled in the FAQ page.
Don't

Irwin Arnstein working on his
1959 Chevy 1-Ton

Read the article.

Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
4 members (klhansen, Fox, Joe W, Lancer1951), 79 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,524
Posts1,041,225
Members46,037
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1436767 Mon Jan 10 2022 01:52 AM
M
'Bolter
Hello! I have loved the CAE and Task Force trucks for several decades. Finally found one nearby that seems to be in decent shape. It is a 57 6503 (174.5 wheelbase) with a dump grain bed. 6 cylinder, 4 speed manual. Picking it up next weekend. It was used to haul some sand around a hunting property then painted and parked in a pole barn for the past 22 or so years. It runs but has been sitting for a long time so will probably have to go through most systems. Planning to drive it home (40 miles) since it is too big for my 18' trailer. Supposedly everything worked fine when it was parked. I went and looked it over last weekend but didn't take any pics so just have this one from the for sale posting. It seems to be a complete truck other than the fender badges but I guess I will figure all that out once I get it home and can really look it over well.

Planning to use it around my property as a dump truck and fire wood hauler for a while and hopefully some day either repower with V8/auto (so wife can drive) and move the rear springs forward and cut the frame shorter OR just put the cab and fenders on a newer 1 ton 4x4 frame and make a shop truck out of it. Probably paint it some shade of green. Excited to get this thing home!

Matt

Attached Images
57DumpTruck.jpg (123.37 KB, 150 downloads)
'Bolter
Matt, welcome to Stovebolt and for sharing the story. Stovebolt is the best old Chey truck site there is. Welcome home.

Be sure to visit the garage forums with your questions and be sure to check in the Big Bolt forum.

1937 Chevy Pickup [stovebolt.com]

1952 Chevy Panel [stovebolt.com]
1952 Chevy Panel [photos.app.goo.gl]

1950 Chevy Coupe
[photos.google.com]

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2) “Emily”
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe “Clarence”

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

'Bolter
Matt,
Welcome, and make sure to check in at the "Great Lakes Bolters" section.
There are some Michiganders lurking around.
The Delphi Saginaw Steering Systems graphic on the door is pretty cool!

--Tom

'Bolter
Welcome to the forum Matt, from the single picture it looks better than mine and I drive it now, it's also a 2 ton but a Low Cab Forward. I rebuilt the entire brake system, gutted out some crunchy wiring and replaced, all electrical now working well. New clutch, etc. Too bad we're not a little closer, we could swap lies and drink coffee, I'm about 10 miles north of I-94 at M-52.

1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 single speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy
'Bolter
That looks like a pretty nice truck. Since they were offered with v8s, it shouldn’t be difficult to put one in, if desired. Welcome and enjoy the journey!

F
'Bolter
Matt--

Welcome to the best group of truck nuts on the 'Net! You will be able to get all kinds of good help here. I hope to see the truck out and about at a show or two this coming summer. I am just up the road in West Branch.

LUKE

M
'Bolter
Thanks, Guys! I may reach out to some of you with questions about this truck. Brakes are non working at this point, the seller had a large trailer and hauled it to my place on Sunday. I parked it in my shop, need to start making a shopping list I guess. First thing will be a battery, then figure out what kind of oil or fluid is used in the brake system.

Attached Images
IMG_20220116_114505_9.jpg (208.47 KB, 27 downloads)

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop