The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
16 members (dgrinnan, Chris's 46 / 515, Cu29head, 2ManyTrucks, 3 invisible), 120 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics126,136
Posts1,019,645
Members45,442
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Which is correct?
47PUJim #1436518 Sat Jan 08 2022 01:49 AM
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Jim Carter sells the straight bracket, and has this note:
Secures the original horn to the intake manifold. Is correct for the 1937-1952 Chevrolet and 1939-1952 GMC. Not correct if you use a manifold secured oil filter.
Jim Carter Trivia: The horn and oil filter can not fit in the same space. Thus this comfirmation requires a different design horn bracket. ( Once included in with the dealer installed oilr filter assembky)
The bold text was me, the typos are Jim's. wink

That could shed some light on why there are a couple different types.

That got me thinking that I may be mistaken about which one I have, because even though my truck had a remote oil filter, it was mounted on the inner fender rather on the manifold in front of the carb. I just went on a quick search to confirm, but couldn't find my horn and bracket. It got repainted a while back and stored away in the trailer and it's below zero right now, so didn't spend much time digging.

Kevin
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
Busting rust since the mid-60's
Re: Which is correct?
ndkid275 #1437365 Sat Jan 15 2022 12:35 PM
F
'Bolter
ndkid275 Who knows is right GM done what they had to to sell trucks,once bought a 365 HP Vette engine from junkyard,car was out there wrecked. Engine was chromed like they were,years later found it didn't have the high performance rods in it did have 2.02 heads. So GM is a mystery still today.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ndkid275, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop