The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Positive thinking ...
We are still asking:
What did you
get done on
your Bolt today
????

The question, initially posted May 23, 2005, was:
"Whatcha do on your Bolt
this weekend?"

After 51,906,997 views, 7378 replies over 185 pages, this thread in General Truck Talk is a happening! And it's not just weekends anymore.

Now with pictures
and No BOTS.

So ...

What did you get done on your Bolt today????

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
10 members (Chris54, Hambone, 55shaker, 3B, 3 invisible), 94 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,506
Posts1,032,026
Members45,793
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Can a computer be reset to a previous time.
WE b OLD #1435703 Sun Jan 02 2022 01:57 PM
W
'Bolter
I have almost decided to take it to a professional. Is there any danger that they could misuse the information still in there??

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
WE b OLD #1435728 Sun Jan 02 2022 04:16 PM
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Probably not, unless you happen to be the son of a prominent politician, have a crack cocaine habit, and like to record kinky "personal relationships"
LOL!
Jerry

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Kris Kristofferson

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
WE b OLD #1435743 Sun Jan 02 2022 05:59 PM
W
'Bolter
Jerry, nono dance

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
WE b OLD #1435747 Sun Jan 02 2022 06:43 PM
Bubba - Curmudgeon
" . . son of a prominent politician, have a crack cocaine habit, and like to record kinky "personal relationships"

hmmm . . .
President Trump? Donald Trump, Jr ?
President Biden? Hunter Biden ?

non-Stovebolt political BS should be banned/removed and not be snickered-at

Tim
1954Advance-Design.com [1954advance-design.com]
1954 3106 Carryall Suburban [stovebolt.com] - part of the family for 49 years
1954 3104 5-window pickup w/Hydra-Matic [1954advance-design.com] - part of the family for 15 years
- If you have to stomp on your foot-pedal starter, either you, or your starter, or your engine, has a problem.
- The 216 and early 235 engines are not "splash oilers" - this is a splash oiler. [chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com]
WE b OLD #1435749 Sun Jan 02 2022 06:54 PM
G
Insomniac
Are talking about resetting an Android phone? It would be helpful to say in your first post what type of device you are talking about. Some people have assumed you meant a desktop computer.

Gord
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
WE b OLD #1435752 Sun Jan 02 2022 07:06 PM
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
I thought it was "Gecko 45", the mall cop, who saved the Mayor's nephew from an encounter in a public restroom! Some people have suspicious minds!

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Kris Kristofferson

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
WE b OLD #1435757 Sun Jan 02 2022 08:22 PM
W
'Bolter
I did and I do. I have been posting for a week at least about it.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
WE b OLD #1436170 Wed Jan 05 2022 06:01 PM
J
'Bolter
Years ago I posted about a Linux alternative to Windows that literally anyone can use. Due to the dismal flaming failure of Photobucket, some of those images are no longer visible. This operating system was developed by some guys who in my book qualify as geniuses and it is absolutely FREE. The name of it is "Puppy". It is so doggone easy you don't even have to have a hard drive in your computer to use it. Seriously. I have a laptop dating back to 2004 (finally I bought a hard drive), but for 6 or 7 years I operated the computer off of a thumb drive and a CD disk...with Puppy (which was developed in 2003). It is as close to impossible to hack as you can get and in my experience it is also as close to fail-proof as possible. There are no updates, no virus programs needed and you can do anything with it that you can do with Microsoft. This laptop from 2004 is still operational and I expect it will be for a long time. Here is a site where you can download it: https://puppylinux.com/

TahrPup 6.0 is my favorite. It seems to still be available on that site, but if not send me an email message (jon_goodman@yahoo.com) and I'll figure out a way to get it to you. You can do word processing (using any of several word programs, one of which comes with the operating system), you can do spread sheets, you can access the internet, you can save and edit photos, you can do cad/cam work...almost anything. It gives you weather reports, you can access international broadcasts and news programs and on and on. Linux is different from Microsoft. Microsoft wants to be able to access your computer and make changes, gather data from your activity and sell that data, see what you're doing, what you're buying, who your friends are, etc, etc. The Linux guys give less than a red rat's bottom about that. There are some operational differences, too. I think of those as metric/sae. You learn to think metric pretty fast if you need to. Good luck.

Jon

1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235
T5 with 3.07 rear end
WE b OLD #1436267 Thu Jan 06 2022 10:35 AM
W
'Bolter
Thanks, Jon but everything I try makes the situation worse. The one thing that is frustration, the thing that causes my frustration is youtube, and when I go there it tells me to log in when I try it says to create an account when I put in the info, it says that there is already an account under that name. dang

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
WE b OLD #1436300 Thu Jan 06 2022 04:53 PM
J
'Bolter
Ron, so many things (Facebook---for anyone who uses it, YouTube, Windows, all the Apple stuff and on and on) are so linked together now that a problem in one can create a problem in another. That's why I suggest the Linux operating systems and search engines like DuckDuckGo. If you go back in time, you'll see I've been promoting those for a while. The laptop I mentioned belonged to a company who bought a company I owned. I used it from 2004 and around 2009 the company didn't want it and gave it to me...but the hard drive was gone. The beauty of Puppy is that you can try it without upsetting anything on your computer. Download Puppy to a CD (follow their instructions), unplug your hard drive and start your computer. It will find the operating system and load it. Then insert a thumb drive (a USB memory stick) and anything you do will be saved to that. Very simple and without danger. And almost nothing will be linked from Puppy Linux to anything. It doesn't work that way at all. Linux is like your front door. If somebody comes to your front door that you don't want to see, you simply don't open it and soon they go away. If somebody wants to get into my computer, they have to ask my permission. I've never granted anyone permission, and I won't. So, let's say some hacker wants to steal my information. The minute they try, they'll know this isn't Windows so they can't just crawl through like a gutter rat or cockroach. They'll never ask for my permission, Ron. They know good and well what the answer will be.

My point would be to start over with a new operating system. If you're a fan of Windows, then stay with that...but start afresh. Remember, there will be hidden deep within the bowels of Microsoft little things that link you and your computer to all sorts of other things you may not ever even suspect. Could even link to the Indiana Motor Vehicle registration's computers. Then go to YouTube and find out why there's an account under your name. If you can't sort that out and if YouTube means that much to you, then open a brand new YouTube account with a brand new name. Good luck!

Jon

1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235
T5 with 3.07 rear end
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  baldeagle 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop