The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Positive thinking ...
We are still asking:
What did you
get done on
your Bolt today
????

The question, initially posted May 23, 2005, was:
"Whatcha do on your Bolt
this weekend?"

After 51,906,997 views, 7378 replies over 185 pages, this thread in General Truck Talk is a happening! And it's not just weekends anymore.

Now with pictures
and No BOTS.

So ...

What did you get done on your Bolt today????

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
17 members (buoymaker, 66flea, D B Cooper, JoeDude, 2 invisible), 102 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,489
Posts1,031,875
Members45,791
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Hate old age
coilover #1435184 Thu Dec 30 2021 04:48 AM
R
'Bolter
Only 72 here, but it's already a lot more difficult to lean over under the hood, and lying down under it isn't that much fun anymore either!

Rich

'47 Loadmaster [stovebolt.com]

1947 Chev. Loadmaster

1959 Chev. Viking 40

Genie: "I am the genie from a magic lamp and I have the power to grant you three wishes."
Me: "I want to be rich."
Genie: "OK, Rich, what's your second wish?"

coilover #1435193 Thu Dec 30 2021 08:57 AM
C
'Bolter
Wow George! (wrenchbender) you have 2 years on me so I better tone down my griping. I HAVE to let the young guys do some of my work but I lay out the needed tools and know how to hold a light where they can see even if I can't. My shop has two lifts and I'm sure glad one of them is a 4 post drive on because if I get down to position the arms on the two post I have to crawl to something I can pull myself back upright.

Evan
coilover #1435216 Thu Dec 30 2021 03:16 PM
D
'Bolter
My dad always told me "getting old is not for sissies!". (I know, not politically correct. He was part of the greatest generation WW II and one tough guy). Now that I am 64 I know exactly what he was talking about and I also know it won't get any better with each year. He also use to say "it beats the alternative".

Last edited by dgrinnan; Thu Dec 30 2021 03:16 PM.

Dave from Northern Kentucky
My 54 3100
coilover #1435229 Thu Dec 30 2021 04:27 PM
J
'Bolter
One of the biggest pains in my book is crawling under the house. Invariably I have to go where the clearance is the least and there were pieces of boards, concrete, bricks, etc left under there. I could pull all of those out, but I just push them aside as needed. The other thing is for some reason the crawl light usually stops working when I get to the furthest point. As for age, when I wake up my mind tries hard to convince me I'm still about 30. When I'm shaving, the face in the mirror makes me wonder if my mind has already failed and I just haven't realized it yet.

Jon

1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235
T5 with 3.07 rear end
coilover #1435243 Thu Dec 30 2021 05:46 PM
Ex Hall Monitor
What makes me chuckle is all the hot girls I used to drool over in high school and college have turned in to fat old women. I, of course, remained a hunk............

Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Let's go Jared!
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
coilover #1435258 Thu Dec 30 2021 07:06 PM
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Tiny, a recently-widowed classmate from the early 1960's just got in touch with me after 50-something years, for some reason. I haven't seen a current photo, and she's never attended any of our class reunions, but if memory serves me correctly, it would take a lot of hot fudge sundaes to damage her looks! I was the only one of the bunch to show up at our 55-year reunion on a Harley, and subsequent ones have been postponed or cancelled. 60 is coming up in a couple of years, and I'm planning to bike to that one, maybe with the lady I mentioned riding with me. Yep, that's probably just an old geezer's pipe dream!
LOL!
Jerry

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Kris Kristofferson

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
Tiny #1435262 Thu Dec 30 2021 08:55 PM
M
'Bolter
Originally Posted by Tiny
What makes me chuckle is all the hot girls I used to drool over in high school and college have turned in to fat old women. I, of course, remained a hunk............
It's what I refer to as gone to seed. The blossom fades and withers after the early 40's. More so today due to all the drugs and alcohol consumed. But like our old trucks some will age gracefully.

Last edited by msmall; Thu Dec 30 2021 09:12 PM.
coilover #1435274 Thu Dec 30 2021 10:05 PM
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Look up Ben Franklin's "Advice to a young man" sometime. Although it was written by one of our founding fathers in his twilight years, the PC Patrol would get their lace undies in a wad if I get any more specific!
Jerry

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Kris Kristofferson

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
coilover #1435276 Thu Dec 30 2021 10:10 PM
W
'Bolter
Yes Jerry most women don't seem to age as gracefully as we do. I have been divorced for 20 years and my ex has put on a few pounds. I saw her for the second time in 20 years last week but she had a mask on so I don't really what she looks like. ohwell

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Jon G #1435279 Thu Dec 30 2021 10:27 PM
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Originally Posted by Jon G
One of the biggest pains in my book is crawling under the house. Invariably I have to go where the clearance is the least and there were pieces of boards, concrete, bricks, etc left under there. I could pull all of those out, but I just push them aside as needed. The other thing is for some reason the crawl light usually stops working when I get to the furthest point.
I used to do that when way younger. For some reason, the plumbing is under the floor. (Maybe that's a gravity thing. ohwell) The worst thing about that was the cat crap. eek

Kevin
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
Busting rust since the mid-60's
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop