The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Positive thinking ...
We are still asking:
What did you
get done on
your Bolt today
????

The question, initially posted May 23, 2005, was:
"Whatcha do on your Bolt
this weekend?"

After 51,906,997 views, 7378 replies over 185 pages, this thread in General Truck Talk is a happening! And it's not just weekends anymore.

Now with pictures
and No BOTS.

So ...

What did you get done on your Bolt today????

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (DaveV, 78buckshot, Bwienke, Bill Marlow, DES57, 1 invisible), 86 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,472
Posts1,031,732
Members45,787
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Canadian Hot Rods Inc. chassis - reviews?
#1434591 Thu Dec 23 2021 10:39 PM
L
Lindsey Offline OP
'Bolter
Happy Holidays to everyone. I'm curious if anyone has tried, or knows someone who has tried, a chassis from Canadian Hot Rods Inc? I'll be relocating to Alberta next year and have looked at Art Morrison as they wouldn't be too far of a drive to pick up a chassis from Alberta. But I would also like some opinions on CHRI chassis' if anyone has tried one of theirs.

Thanks in advance!

1953 Canadian GMC 9314 w/ (factory) Chevy 235
Re: Canadian Hot Rods Inc. chassis - reviews?
Lindsey #1434604 Fri Dec 24 2021 01:31 AM
B
Curmudgeon
I wasn't aware of them. Information on them is hard to find. Maybe 4 employees but that may not be accurate. Year started 2006. Incorporated 2009.
The CHRI 1947 – 1959 is a fabricated boxed frame with C4 Corvette front and rear suspensions. Okay if it is done right.
Options will go as far as turn-key if you have the money.

I would come up with a budget, define what I want to purchase, do frame and suspension research then e-mail them with questions.
If they respond well, then a trip to their business is in order. Face-to-face discussion is always best. Look at their shop and staff.
Don't forget to ask about warranty, the company's legal responsibility for their product, vehicle titling in your province (reconstructed street rod) and insurance coverage.

"Adding CFM to a truck will only help at engine speeds you don't want to use."
"I found there was nothing to gain beyond 400 CFM."
Lindsey #1434613 Fri Dec 24 2021 04:00 AM
B
Curmudgeon
Pictures from their website.

Attached Files
CHRI 01.jpg (64.3 KB, 79 downloads)
CHRI 02.jpg (55.84 KB, 78 downloads)
CHRI 03.jpg (62.57 KB, 77 downloads)
CHRI 04.jpg (54.36 KB, 76 downloads)

Lindsey #1434631 Fri Dec 24 2021 02:26 PM
L
Lindsey Offline OP
'Bolter
Thanks. I’m hoping to get reviews from anyone that might have tried one before I go too far.

Lindsey #1434645 Fri Dec 24 2021 05:19 PM
B
Curmudgeon
I did a Stovebolt search for "Corvette suspension" and didn't get that many hits.
My knowledge and experience on this subject is next to nothing but I can search and read info from other websites.
I'm sure there will be others who will come along and provide better information.

The biggest issue is that the truck center of gravity is much higher than the Corvette and this negatively affects the geometry, especially handling. A design that lowers the frame towards the ground helps. The Corvette suspension is designed around the drivetrain, 2 humans, gas tank, typical car components (AC, computer, stereo system, etc.) and a trunk that has a capacity for 2 suitcases, spare tire and frame jack. A truck on a Corvette suspension automatically has a useless bed.

Test drive a Corvette. The ride is firm (sports car) and you can feel the road. It's not a typical soft cruiser suspension. You can take a curve at a higher speed. It does best on smooth surfaces and very poorly on potholes. Make sure your "significant other" doesn't mind riding in a vehicle like this.

The cool or wow factor is a given as well as the bragging rights.

Lindsey #1434649 Fri Dec 24 2021 06:13 PM
L
Lindsey Offline OP
'Bolter
The truck is actually the wife’s and I won’t mind riding in it…. I’m doing a pro tour style build after we move as I’ll finally have my double car garage. I’ve been debating a chassis from Roadster Shop or Art Morrison and thought I’d get some reviews on CHRI as well. If I don’t build up our ‘53 then I might finally do a Factory Five build. Just doing research at this point.

Moderated by  KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop