The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
E V E N T Highlight

Southern
"STOVEBOLT"
Jamboree 2022
July 8 and 9
Lebanon TN

The Southern Bolters are planning their area get together in
conjunction with the
Southeast Truck Nationals at Cedars of Lebanon State Park (TN)

Check out the details, with new info on the Southern Bolters forum.

Plenty of other events in the Side Lot

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
1 members (TPR57C), 79 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,021
Posts1,036,579
Members45,915
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
'Bolter
no trans and motor is missing intake manifold/some belt and hoses. Is it worth it?

also it's a GMC suburban and not Chevy does that matter?

Wheelbase is 131.5

Last edited by TerenceandMary; Fri Jul 02 2021 08:16 PM.

62' GMC Fleetside 3/4 ton 235 4-speed.
Time makes fools of us all.
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
Stop and think a minute. Why are you settling for something entirely different than your original plan? EZ says they support to ‘91 so why buy a ‘93? You want 4wd why buy a 2wd? Set back, take a deep breath and keep looking until you find exactly what you want.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2) “Emily”
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe “Clarence”

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

T
'Bolter
that's very true, I'm only tempted by this one because of the price and the fact that he will haul it out here to me. I am worried that there is a reason I can't find any word of a chassis swap with a 93'
If I had more room I would buy it to fix it and drive it around for a bit seeing as it's in pretty good shape. but I may have to pass this one up, I have a week or possibly more to decide. It doesn't seem like this guys getting very many people asking about the thing.

62' GMC Fleetside 3/4 ton 235 4-speed.
Time makes fools of us all.
S
'Bolter
Let it go. Up to 91 is it due to frame shape. It took me a long time to find what I got and had to travel two and a half hours one way to pick it up. Was well worth it.

65 c-10 283
79 trans am 400 4 speed
F
Moderated
Hello SNOYL,

I am planning a 4x4 conversion for a 1966 GMC. What series frame and 4x4 drivetrains are desirable? I have a line on an early 90's Tahoe 4x4 with a good frame, an engine and all of the drivetrain components in tack. Will that work well? I like your 66 red truck a lot. I want mine to be blue and white.

Thank you,

Todd

H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Somewhere in the mid-90's GM went to metric measurements and fasteners on most of their vehicles. That's probably why the cutoff on the conversion kit is 91. Give EZ a call instead of relying on "I think ******" from any internet forum members (including this one)!
Jerry

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Kris Kristofferson

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
S
'Bolter
Fat cat
By no means am I an expert on this. I went with EZ Chassis Swap because I called and talked to Ed. I think any frame newer than 91 is completely different. Get with EZ Chassis and find what they recommend for a donor. I went that way for cost and it had what I wanted, easy driving truck. Still old school in my opinion, I used 95% of original wiring harness, entire cab, box, bumpers....everything ed said it was it was, now it's not a show truck but it drives very nice, power steering, power breaks, automatic, 4 wheel drive and 95% of everyone that sees it has no idea of the conversion. When I got it inspected for the state they went over it with a fine tooth comb. They were impressed with all the mounts and brackets from ed. I would recommend to follow his advice.

65 c-10 283
79 trans am 400 4 speed
F
Moderated
Thank you both for the advice. I too want a good driver and not a show truck. I have owned and maintained a 2001 Silverado for 21 years now and I am somewhat familiar with the LS engine and drivetrain. How do I find Ed at EZ chassis swap?
EZchassisswap.com?

F
'Bolter
His website is kind of a mess, but this is the link to the kit that uses an LS:

https://www.e-zchassisswaps.com/14

I had some questions on it and did not have much success getting a response by email, but I called and Ed was very helpful on the phone. So maybe just skip straight to the phone call if you have questions.

58 Apache, long bed fleetside, V8 w/SM420
Drivable but the rear axle needs work.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop