The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Positive thinking ...
We are still asking:
What did you
get done on
your Bolt today
????

The question, initially posted May 23, 2005, was:
"Whatcha do on your Bolt
this weekend?"

After 51,906,997 views, 7378 replies over 185 pages, this thread in General Truck Talk is a happening! And it's not just weekends anymore.

Now with pictures
and No BOTS.

So ...

What did you get done on your Bolt today????

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
12 members (Flatblu4748, Dodgecummins, breezy, D B Cooper, buoymaker, 78buckshot), 105 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,512
Posts1,032,081
Members45,794
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
63 Chevrolet Pickup electrical
#1433006 Fri Dec 10 2021 01:19 PM
C
Moderated
This may seem like a simple question but I must beginning to get old. I am putting a new OEM wiring harness in my truck (under the dash) and I cannot push the electrical connector into the grommet in the firewall.

I tried putting the connector in the grommet and then putting the grommet into the firewall, that didn’t work. Use grease on the edges, that didn’t work.

Then put the grommet in the firewall and tried to push the connector into the hole and that didn’t work. This is the connector and grommet that come from the fuse panel through the firewall. Anyone got some advice?

Re: 63 Chevrolet Pickup electrical
Carl Davidson #1433342 Sun Dec 12 2021 11:28 PM
'Bolter
Is the new connector the same size as original?
Try putting in a corner then two and so on?

1952 Chevrolet 1700 Bickle Seagrave
the fire truck [s1053.photobucket.com]
Carl Davidson #1433364 Mon Dec 13 2021 02:42 AM
C
Moderated
I found the problem. The original grommet was in backwards the small end was facing out, so when I put the new grommet in, I tried to put the new one in the same as the old one. It was backwards. By putting the smaller end in toward the interior of the car it worked just fine. So I am back to installing the dash tomorrow. Thanks for the help. Carld

Carl Davidson #1433392 Mon Dec 13 2021 02:31 PM
R
'Bolter
Was there any firewall modifications or new sheet metal work done? Pictures always help too. Most of those grommets have a groove that accepts the firewall. I had the opposite problem, as my grommet wouldn't stay in place. it would poke through all the time. Maybe try warming it up a little? Make it really pliable, then it should go in. You can put in boiling water or a heat gun. Just don't melt it.

Carl Davidson #1433500 Tue Dec 14 2021 03:40 PM
C
Moderated
Thank you for the suggestions. I had the grommet in backwards, it is all fixed now. Thanks for your input.

Moderated by  Hambone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop