The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Getting back to business
First round of holidays is about over. A few weeks before the next ones. For some of us...

Winter is Coming
Time to think about wintering your Bolt.
(continued)

A good Tech Tip
WINTERIZING YOUR TRUCK
including a link back to the Forums for some new thoughts.

Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
In the works
Nothing like an old truck calendar

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
10 members (mts, 2-Ton, Hotrod Lincoln, JW51, Maybellene, Atticusnine), 189 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,668
Posts1,046,516
Members46,401
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
'Bolter
I watch a lot of new truck reviews and they are people that have purchased the vehicles. They are thrilled that they were buying it for the Maronie price plus a horrendous tax bite. When I sold a truck back in the early 80s if some had to pay sticker they would not only walk but call you very offensive words in parting. I sold Dodges BTW. One customer came in the dealership and wanted to trade in a Chevy truck so we gave him a price. He showed me the trade price notice that I did say value and it more than he had paid for it 4 years before. Of course, we were trying to cheat him and were trying to steal his truck. ohwell A new Toyota 4/4 short bed crew. was sticker price was $57105.oo and with tax and fees it was $64299.00 dang

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Low supply & high demand = no discounts
Sometimes even a premium over MSRP

Kevin
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
Busting rust since the mid-60's
W
'Bolter
Yes, my son Kevin has wanted new Toyota Tundra and at first, they told him a $2400.00 premium and a month and a half to get it, they backed off on the premium. Our town has very few new cars and trucks but I drove about 35 miles away to go to lunch and the main road goes by 4 or 5 dealers and their lots seem to have a reasonable amount of cars and trucks.??????????

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Buy a low mileage rental truck from Budget or Hertz, and tell the dealer to go pound sand! Those vehicles get inspected and/or serviced EVERY time they're returned, and most of them are better cared for than any privately owned vehicle.
Jerry

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!"
Abraham Lincoln

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.
Ernest Hemingway

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
K
'Bolter
I worked briefly for a rent a car establishment and would not go near a vehicle from there ,I seen vehicles that were damaged and they would make one out of two and put them on there sales lot ,seen the truck come back from being rented to tree planters and were sprayed inside and out with the pressure hose the oil was not changed until the vehicle was finished as a rental and put in the sales lot .They did nothing to maintain them as they were gone before the warrenty was over and did not care .this was my experience and may not reflect other places but was enough for me to stay clear.The service they had was clean check fluids and damage and put back out for rent.

Last edited by KEVINSKI; Fri Dec 03 2021 10:21 PM. Reason: More imfo
J
'Bolter
My neighbor bought a 2021 Toyota Tacoma in September. In November he had a local Toyota dealer offering to buy it back for full price plus a bonus.

"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi
Drafted Moderator!
I bought a new Tacoma in 2018 and now get offers to bring it back to the dealer and they will buy it back.
I'm tempted to see what kind of deal they would make on a new Tacoma.
The 2018 averages 22 MPG and fits me well.

Don

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery [stovebolt.com]
More pix on Photobucket [s893.photobucket.com]
'46 2-Ton grain truck
'48 3/4-ton grain truck
'50 2-ton flatbed
'54 Pontiac Straight Eight
'70 American LaFrance pumper fire truck.
W
back yard wrench turner
I just got an offer from my local Toyota dealer of over 20K for my 7 year old Highlander. I'm not interested, just turned 90k miles and I plan to drive it to at least 250.

Wayne

When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
-30-
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
M
'Bolter
Mrs. Kathy's 2015 Ram 2500, crew cab 4x4 with 6.4 Hemi listed for right at 50k, we paid 42k. Several months ago I checked NADA and it showed retail for good condition with 75k at $41,000. I'd kinda like to see if we could actually get that. But, when we bought it we chose not to make payments on it and I doubt we could replace it today with a new one without financing. Nope, not gonna do it.

Up the road a few miles in Little Rock, there's a "Used" 2021 Ram 3500 for $89,248. Just in case anyone's interested. [landerscountry.com]

RonR

1951 3600 with Clark flatbed, T5, 4.10 rear
1970 340 Duster
1990 5.0 V8 Miata (1990 Mustang Gt Drivetrain)
1964 CJ5

I
Retired Construction Worker
From most articles I have read since January of this year ,,they say this
For many people, right now is not a great time to buy a car. Decreased production due to the pandemic—among other factors—like computer parts has led to shortages ,so no good deals

Directions are just another mans Opinion

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop