The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Happy Birthday U S A !

Celebrating

Life, Liberty
and the
Persuit of Happiness

Happy Birthday
A M E R I C A

July 4 - 246 years

Stories, Pictures, Thoughts

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
10 members (55shaker, kades51, JW51, DaveV, Bill Trotter, D B Cooper), 89 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,081
Posts1,037,105
Members45,928
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1432746 Wed Dec 08 2021 03:40 AM
L
'Bolter
I am rebuilding my 59 235 after it came back from the machine shop. I have searched several times in the manuals but I have not found the piston pin rod bolt torque spec. I can go with the normal 3/8 fine thread torque standard but I would like to know what the Chevy spec is. I found the mains, rods, and head bolt torque but the piston pin I have not found. It would be nice if someone that has that type of info would put it on a spec sheet and sell/market all the torque specs for the old AD trucks. I would buy it smile My truck is a 47 3600 but it had this 59 235 in it when I bought it. It sat for 40 some odd years and was stuck tight.

H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
It's a 3/8-24 bolt. 30-35 ft/lbs is about right. Be sure to support the wrist pin by clamping a tapered punch in a vise and slide the pin over it to avoid twisting the I beam section of the rod while torquing the bolt. Back when these engines were built, mechanics were assumed to have some common sense.
Jerry

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Kris Kristofferson

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
L
'Bolter
Thanks, Jerry. I knew enough to support the wrist pin when tightening it, but a good reminder is always welcome.

Moderated by  Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop