The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Thanksgiving

Much to be
thankful for

YOU!
The Stovebolt Collective

Thankfulness year 'round.
All around!
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 77 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,654
Posts1,046,323
Members46,391
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Capt Oblivious #1424460 Sat Sep 18 2021 12:24 PM
H
'Bolter
I admire your progress Captain ! I went through so many set backs and catastrophes before getting my truck set up to handle road trips and being reliable. Not to mention, a small fortune in extra $ spent. If you need a wiring harness replaced, the 6 volt harness is heavy enough wire to handle going to 12 volts. Just some food for thought, however, make sure you add fuses if you are using the old style 6 volt harness. (Speaking from personal smoke experience)

1950 Chevy 3100
In the Gallery Forum
77 International Scout ll
Capt Oblivious #1424465 Sat Sep 18 2021 12:41 PM
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Another suggestion, Skipper ... Why don't you come up to Winchester next weekend and meet all of us? Even better if you can bring your truck (on a trailer?) The ODSS will be there almost completely. A lot of institutional knowledge to tap into while staring at the campfire .... Meeting, and getting to know, the people behind the screen names is never a bad thing ...

Please join us.

John

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers

'49 Chevrolet 3804
'73 IH 1310 Dump
'14 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)

Capt Oblivious #1424632 Mon Sep 20 2021 01:11 AM
C
'Bolter
hardshell- I'm going to 12v, and am tipping every last bit of wire out. It's badly rotted and was already letting out some smoke. I installed a continuous duty solenoid to power on a bladed-fuse style power distribution panel in place of the old glass fuse setup.
john- trust me, I wish i could. The wife has already set the weekend up with other social obligations.

•head cleaned up and reinstalled with new head gasket
•valve train reinstalled with broken rocker and three bent pushrods replaced
•tappet clearances set
•new fuse panel installed, continuous duty marine solenoid installed, new wiring from starter through key switch
•ballast resistor added to ign circuit ahead of new coil
•plugs and wires
•oil pan dropped, scrubbed, painted, reinstalled with new gasketry
•oil filter housing removed, stripped, painted, reinstalled with new canister filter
•valve cover, side cover, oil filler/crank breather all stripped and painted
now if i can just get this carb dialed in...

Capt Oblivious #1430109 Sun Nov 14 2021 02:20 PM
C
'Bolter
She's mobile! fuel tank installed behind rear axle, modified receiver from my '00 F250 to fit, 2 new front tires and four used rears mounted, found some new turn signal lenses, got a bunch of other bits to install:
door weatherstripping, starter boot, new steering wheel and horn button, shift boot, even got a repop tailgate, hinges, and chains... because I want to build a pickup bed. Which leads me to my next question:
Who's local? I'd like to come take a look at your factory bed and take some measurements. Anyone?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop