The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Positive thinking ...
We are still asking:
What did you
get done on
your Bolt today
????

The question, initially posted May 23, 2005, was:
"Whatcha do on your Bolt
this weekend?"

After 51,906,997 views, 7378 replies over 185 pages, this thread in General Truck Talk is a happening! And it's not just weekends anymore.

Now with pictures
and No BOTS.

So ...

What did you get done on your Bolt today????

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
2 members (‘37ChevyPU, klhansen), 95 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,471
Posts1,031,725
Members45,787
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mounting the bed to the frame. Order? 1950 3100 stock frame.
ChevyDarren #1428338 Fri Oct 29 2021 03:32 AM
'Bolter
Originally Posted by ChevyDarren
So I have a question about the wood blocks. There is a lot of inconsistent information out there. The blocks I bought from The Car and Truck shop measure 2.30”. The rubber pads at 0.25”. I have the original blocks and there measure 2.00”.

Yes, agreed there is a lot of inconsistent information. The real answer is a little more complicated. The stack up height of your cross sill, cross sill bracket, wood block, and rubber pad(if used) should equal the height of the metal mounting brackets of your rear sill with its rubber pad(if used). The problem is that not all cross sills are reproduced the same correct height and so some suppliers offer blocks a different size than others. As I remember the metal mounting bracket of the rear sill is 4" tall so the height of the wood block plus that of your cross sill with its mounting brackets should also be 4".

Note that this works only if your frame is not tweaked at all as all the six mounting points should be in the same plane. You may have to adjust the wood mounting blocks or add shims to the rear sill mounting if needed so that all the mounting points support the bed equally.

Mark

Re: Mounting the bed to the frame. Order? 1950 3100 stock frame.
ChevyDarren #1428683 Sun Oct 31 2021 10:55 PM
'Bolter
Great post Mark! I never thought about the rear cross sill height. Now I need to take apart all of my truck beds and redo them.
(I said "need to". Not that "I will.") smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop