The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Big Thanks!

Big THANKS to

MONGO
for hosting
the weekend event.

Read all about it.

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (Roxxstar, Johnny N, Oilyrider1951, Otto Skorzeny, Tiny, 1 invisible), 159 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics125,015
Posts1,008,935
Members45,121
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Hershey Car Show
hardshell #1425578 Thu Sep 30 2021 11:23 PM
M
'Bolter
At least ya got trailer smarts, John.

hardshell #1425580 Thu Sep 30 2021 11:28 PM
G
'Bolter
John;

Sorry your trailer won’t take you along. We’re at Carlisle first, Thursday and Friday. There is a real eclectic mix of truck parts here. I bought parts for ‘36, ‘37, and ‘38 Chevy trucks today. Lots of Advance Design stuff here, but you know I ignore that modern stuff. The vendor count seems down and the crowd is smaller that I recall from last year, but the weather more than made up for all that. Tomorrow we deliver 3 parts orders that originated by Facebook Marketplace. 2 guys from Southern MD and a gal from Long Island. Social media and Stovebolt’s, a strange combination.

John Milliman #1425587 Fri Oct 01 2021 12:14 AM
'Bolter
Originally Posted by John Milliman
I can't make it. But trailer will be there! A friend/neighbor is borrowing it to bring back parts for his '69 resto project. I'll have my trailer look you up. Talking to it is probably more intellectually satisfying than talking to me ... Just ask 52Carl ...

Good luck with your sales!
What that trailer has going for it is raw, unadulterated charisma. Charm if you will...

hardshell #1425611 Fri Oct 01 2021 02:20 AM
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Carl ... ya got that right! So get this, The trailer got all butt hurt that it didn't get to go to Winchester this year and started getting my van all butt hurt 'cause I left it home, too. So now, the two of them have decided to run off to Carlisle/Hershey/WhatEVUR is going on now WITHOUT ME!!! Can you believe that?

Apparently, they both hate Charlie now, too, so they have decided to help my neighbor joe find a cab and bed for his '69.

I just hope Freyja doesn't decide to jump ship, too ....

John

'49 Chevrolet 3804

I've never been a NASCAR fan .. until now.
Let's go, Brandon!

hardshell #1425616 Fri Oct 01 2021 03:13 AM
M
'Bolter
Greenie, I'll be back in my spaces in the Green field GDD-12 thru 14 (right at the end of the sidewalk for the pedestrian overpass) from Tuesday thru Saturday...we camp on our spaces! Looking forward to being back...this will be my 45th year of going and 44th year vending (I think)...only missed last year since I started going there in 1974.

Mike B smile

hardshell #1425759 Sun Oct 03 2021 01:44 AM
G
'Bolter
Mike:

That’s impressive. We are in our favorite green field spaces, GAI 18-19, that’s in the shade of light post 118, smack up against the car corral and close to Hyman Village.

I think my first year was 1978; and the only year I missed was 1990; when I foolishly agreed to get married on Hershey Saturday. It must have been love! I know that, because she helps me get set up on Tuesday, spends all day Wednesday with me- and then bails for Thurmont, MD and Colorfest.

I did NOT miss Hershey 2020. I drive there, sat down in my spaces, and took a selfie! Then I stopped in at the AACA Museum and had lunch in the Sweetest Place on Earth.

I am loaded and ready to depart on Tuesday!

hardshell #1426337 Sat Oct 09 2021 05:07 AM
D
'Bolter
I just could not swing Hershey this year with work, and missed the previous two years. Really bummed out. Today would have been the day. Friday is condition day for the race cars and high wheels. My favorite day.

Mike
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  amtrakjoe, Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop