The old Bulletin Board has been removed from the server. And with recent "spring" cleaning, we are removing links back to it. The BB is still out in cyber space (to some extent) thanks to The Wayback Machine.
Stovebolters, Pics are driver's rear door replacement hinges that are being test fitted after cleaned up, primed, and threads tapped. The originals were rusted, unsalvageable, and disposed. Now more history on the original owner of the 1952 Chevrolet Suburban. In fact his obituary: "George H. Winstedt, a long time Valley Cottage, volunteer fireman, WWII Veteran, Master Wood Craftsman and Music Lover passed away on October 3, 2010. Born June 7, 1918, George moved with his family to Valley Cottage from Manhatten. George is survived by two sisters, Wilma Peaslee of Nyack, and Evelyn Fasano of New City and nephew, Vance Peaslee and his wife Marie of Nyack.". Mr. Winstedt would have driven the '52 'Burb 15yrs between the age 34 & age 49. Prime years for a fellow and his years afterword until his death at 91 meant the suburban had remained in his possession for reasons unknown. Perhaps fond memories of its use both personal and earning a living. Thanks for continued positive comments. Enjoy!
I scrubed, washed, and air dryed the hood prior to placing it in my shed (It was at someone elses' place). Pics show it & the worst damage on the side. The other pic shows the new wooden floor (2 piece plywood) I installed using 42 fasteners. Enjoy ! V/r, Nick
Stovebolters, I drilled out 4 screws to remove the side electrical piece on the side of the driver's rear door.. I intend to replace it cause the sixty nine (69) year old wiring was showing its age. Besides difficult or near impossible to access the item. Good day. V/r,Nick
Stovebolt members, I've: 1) test fitted rear passenger door after it had been primed & a whacked out upper hinge wouldn't allow proper fitment; 2) decided to use an original upper right hinge by removing rust/apply jb weld/primer/final paint; 3) painted rear passenger door; & 4) bought new bolts for assembly of the rear doors. V/r, Nick
Stovebolt '52 'Burb Followers: 1) Switched out the passenger side rear door upper hinge & found fitment better; 2) looks like I will need to fine tune it yet by using portable body press mechanism to enable last bolt on the body side hinge to line up; 3) will next start on finishing driver side rear door. Thanks for following along! V/r, Nick
I've worked on the driver's rear inside lower barn door. For some unknown reason when I retrieved this door at restorer's shop I found he had cut the inside lower panel out. I bought a sheet metal piece & screwed it on the inside door to cover the gigantic hole. I painted it with rustoleum gloss chestnut.
Hey stovebolters, I am continuing the effort on the rear barnyard doors. I have been working on cleaning up the steel guard attachment pieces that keep the doors from opening to far. Also first paint on the drivers rear door.