The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Positive thinking ...
We are still asking:
What did you
get done on
your Bolt today
????

The question, initially posted May 23, 2005, was:
"Whatcha do on your Bolt
this weekend?"

After 51,906,997 views, 7378 replies over 185 pages, this thread in General Truck Talk is a happening! And it's not just weekends anymore.

Now with pictures
and No BOTS.

So ...

What did you get done on your Bolt today????

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
4 members (Rsqwhite, KEVINSKI, Dakotabolt, '37 barn find), 99 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,470
Posts1,031,724
Members45,787
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Additional Data On VIN Plates
#1425621 Fri Oct 01 2021 05:44 AM
V
'Bolter
I have viewed the Tech Page located at: https://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/identification/Series/#fifty
for information on the VIN Plate of a truck I put a deposit on. It was helpful to help me decipher the VIN. However, there are 3 additional codes on the this plate that I was hoping one of you could educate me on. If I knew what these codes were, then I could search for "Option Codes" "Paint Codes" or "Engine Codes" etc., but I have no idea what I am looking at. Just typing the codes into the search here didn't yield any results and I got nothing when I tried websearch as well.

I attached a photo with the codes to this post. But in case you can't see it, "MTC" is stamped in the upper right corner of the plate and "C51" and "232" is stamped right above the VIN number.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Guys!
Scott

Attached Files
51 Suburban vin plate 1e.jpg (66.16 KB, 71 downloads)

Advance Design Newbie.
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Re: Additional Data On VIN Plates
VegasScott #1425622 Fri Oct 01 2021 06:39 AM
K
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
My data Plate has the same C51 stamped on it followed by 76 instead of 232. Since both the truck you're looking at and mine are '51's, the 51 may be the year of production "in the clear" as opposed to the J date code. A '50 2-ton I looked at didn't have the extra characters above the serial number.

I think the MTC stamped on yours was not done at the factory, but sometime afterward (maybe by a dealer?)

Kevin
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
Busting rust since the mid-60's
Re: Additional Data On VIN Plates
VegasScott #1425623 Fri Oct 01 2021 06:51 AM
V
'Bolter
Good Point Kevin on the C51 statement. Hopefully someone who's a die hard Stovebolter can shed some light on this for us.

Scott

Advance Design Newbie.
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop