The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Happy Birthday U S A !

Celebrating

Life, Liberty
and the
Persuit of Happiness

Happy Birthday
A M E R I C A

July 4 - 246 years

Stories, Pictures, Thoughts

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
10 members (Joe H, 1951chevy3100AD, fonz8261, 55_2nd_Series, D B Cooper, 1 invisible), 89 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,080
Posts1,037,103
Members45,928
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1425530 Thu Sep 30 2021 04:11 PM
B
'Bolter
Rebuilt my YF 2100 and have this part left. I don’t see it on the exploded images that I downloaded. Can anyone tell me where this thing goes?

Attached Images
8335D58D-E88F-417C-B0E5-C0CC4E5F73F9.jpeg (131.98 KB, 156 downloads)
F
59 Apache 3100
This is the needle (needle & seat assy) it controls the fuel to the bowl. Check out the following

https://youtu.be/SD4zs7VOp7Y?t=209

S
'Bolter
See #28

Attached Images
20210930_193245.jpg (95.11 KB, 123 downloads)
B
'Bolter
Looks like it must be an extra part that came in the kit I got from Mike’s Carb. They send quite a few extra parts to cover different applications. I had already replaced the needle and seat to match the existing ones and this must have fallen out of the packet and got me corn-fused. Thanks for the responses!

J
'Bolter
That isn't your needle. It is your pump check needle and that's a different item performing a different function. It goes point side down in the float bowl and if you leave it out, your accelerator pump won't work correctly. Early Carter YF models used a weight and a ball and later models used the needle (all brass). In the diagram you attached, I think this is 34 and 35, although I can't really see that diagram well enough to be certain. You may not have received the right information from the seller. Some sellers of carburetor kits seem confused or flummoxed by data so they just don't provide it or they provide erroneous generic data that may or may not apply to your particular model. This part will fall out if you turn the float bowl upside down and the gasket (if you got the proper one) should cover it when installed correctly.

Jon

1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235
T5 with 3.07 rear end
B
'Bolter
Thanks for the info, Jon. I knew it wasn't new and had been in the carb but did not know the change to the needle in later years. I had already put the carb back on and drove it without it. It didn't run too bad. I am having problems with the new throttle rod I had to fab sticking a little and not idling low enough. Will have to try and adjust that and put the pump check needle in and see how it runs. Thanks!

Moderated by  Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop